wak
Years ago

New topic for the hell of it

Interesting to see amount of posts tonight while the 1st (yawn...) Grand Final game plays.

The cupboard is bare!

Most hits are '1 week until ABA season' (sic) which shows me that we're all REAL interested in THAT game tonight.

Or are most of us footy heads?

Melbourne won btw.
(starting to wake up...)

Topic #6336 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

I think we are all feeling a bit like Phil Smyth as this is what he reported in today's paper "I predict Melbourne to win the series and I will take a punt on 3-1. Yet to be perfectly honest with you, I don't really care because the 36ers aren't in it."
I think he summed up our sentiments precisely. What a long boring 5 games of grand finals for all the other 9 teams. Perhaps the NBL might learn from this when their argument is to keep the interest in the league for as long as possible.

Reply #71386 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I ike the class with which Casey opened the series grand final broadcast "opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one"

seriously is that the kind of representation the league wants to make to a family focused sport?

Reply #71400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:00 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754