Anonymous
Years ago

So...did Centrals women get the win over Woodville

I know it has only just finished but when someone knows I would love to hear whether the girls got their first W for awhile.

Topic #6437 | Report this topic

hoops.com  
Years ago

Yes, the central women won against woodville by a point, after there two main players got fouled out. Both teams played well. It was a good game to watch.

Reply #72304 | Report this post

team manager  
Years ago

Why did their main two players get fouled out? Great job by remaining players.

Reply #72306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why? they got five fouls, funnily enough - a number of those fouls including both 5th fouls were pretty stupid considering the situation.

I wouldnt have called it a great game to watch, turnovers everywhere and shooting percentage probably around the 20% mark was a tight game but I wouldnt call it a good game to watch.

Centrals have definetely stepped it up on the defensive end, but need to have better shot selection - once they can increase their shooting percentage they will be even better.

Reply #72318 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals did well - the shooting was shocking - lucky for woodville otherwise they would have won by 60 points - how disappointing for woodville women - why dont they stick with their older players and bring the young ones in - it will be a long long season - come on woodville spend some of the so called money you are meant to have for the women's team

Reply #72396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

60 points i'd love to be smoking what you have obviously been!

woodville women have at least four players that have been there for a number of seasons
Barratt, Jenkins, Gatherole, and Kwitakowski

Breavington, Hardy and Christie are up and coming juniors so there are 'young ones in'

Des Cummins was a woodville junior and has returned to the club.

so please check your facts before engaging your keyboard only makes you look stupid.

the day centrals women win a game by 60 points in ABA i'll streak naked across the court

(relax everyone you are all safe it will never happen)

Reply #72420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so who played well for the lions? besides the new girls anyone else step up?

Reply #72444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds like sour grapes to me #72420

Reply #72645 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

#72420, im going to hold you to that, whoever u are....

Reply #72866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

congrats to centrals. it was an ugly game though, look at the scores....

woodville played very poorly, add that with bad coaching decisions and there you have it. good call on using this money though - someone somewhere surely is happy to sacrifice a lil bit of pride for some $$s???

i dont think that the season is going to be that bad or long for the woodville girls, they all get along great and prob realise that winning just aint their thing ;)

Reply #74097 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754