Indiana
Years ago

Country Champs winners and finalists

Can someone post the winners and finalists for the country carnival yesterday.
Thought the standard was high...best teams would fit into district comp no problems.

Topic #6551 | Report this topic

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

The ultimate winner was BASKETBALL!

Reply #73689 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Thanks Matt that helps.

Reply #73696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

indiana - keep a watch here --->

www.sacbc.basketball.net.au

results normally posted there shorty after the event.

Reply #73701 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Ta!

Reply #73784 | Report this post

new tram  
Years ago

best teams fit into div 2 ok - some individuals could fit into div 1 - but most teams have no depth.

my experience would be best teams are mid range div 2 standard - best teams top div 2 or lower div 1 level

(and i am only talking a handful of teams over the years)

general level is div 3 or 4

Reply #73787 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Port Augusta u/12 boys would fit in great.

Reply #73789 | Report this post

new tram  
Years ago

lets hope they nominate for state champs like previous years

pt augusta has provided us with some great basketballers over the years and there is no need for them to stop

Reply #73791 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

I reckon all the grand finalists should automatically be nominated for state champs.
We would all be better for their inclusion.

Reply #73793 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

if port augusta u12 boys would fit in great you would think the two teams that made the finals should be there as well

Reply #73797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indiana - (#73793). Not sure about the 12's, but from the 14's i saw most of the top teams players are already playing district.

Reply #73846 | Report this post

iNDIANA  
Years ago

Of course Rocket..but I missed seeing them

Reply #73855 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I agree that there is/was alot of talent at the carnival, although most teams didnt really have the structure of metro basketball and played off of alot of run and gun type stuff, the skill level, especially of the guards (i thought) was very high.

where i was it was mostly div 2/3 teams so i cant really comment on all the div 1s, but the dominant teams i did see could have easily been competitive in the same divs playing district.

Did anyone here see Great Southern's Div 3 U14 Guys? I thought they were definately a standout team.

Reply #73906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think the Great Southern U14 Div 3's were good you should have seen their Div 1 side. No one got within anything of them. Congratulations Kelts, they were stunning!!!

Reply #73939 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I would really like to see district teams having trial matches againdst country teams, i know there isnt really enough of a break inbetween seasons to do this but i think it would be great to see how they match up and for the two teams to compete against a different style of play, maybe make a new carnival over a 3 day weekend City vs. Country, anyone agree?

Reply #74255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VC - alot of the good country players, also play for a district club.

don't think it would work.

Reply #76918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:24 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754