Weightlifting BRONZE medal for AUSTRALIA

Reply #74024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He got gold, she got silver and the otha dude took bronze

Reply #74036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and the weightlifters just got caught with syringers!

Reply #74044 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

but still no Eddie......

Reply #74047 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

I think the best thing about the commonwealth games is people get a chance to see how good our NBL and WNBL really are...... seing that game NZ vs South Africa really opened my eyes, i realised that NONE of the south africans would have made an NBL roster,... let alone a starting spot. I think that has alot to do with how the talent is developed from place to place but i did find that amazing, especially when alot of people kind of downgrade the NBL. I thought NZ, was a capable team,... will dmefinately medal...but i think we will take out the gold, we just have to much talent... id take our back up guards (kendall, Davidson) to henare any day of the week... Pero Cameron is kind of like a charles Barkley type and is probably the teams best player.... playing in turkey he'd have to be worth his salt i guess. While this is international basketball and anything can happen im predicting blow outs for australia, ..... vs scotland a 50-100 point blow out.... vs India 50-100, vs Nigeria 35-80, (not sure about ewngland but likely atleast a win) vs NZ 15-30,... i think that is reasonable assumptions... thats not even to dowbngrade NZ talent, any of thoes guys could step up on their day... but im certain they will only be of minor irritation to Aus. One thinmg i do ask is what good does it do basketball? have 1 reigning team over majority easy beats???? it does give Aus a bit of a confidence boost heading into the world champs.... but i dont see commonwealth basketball sticking around next time. i think anything less then gold and undefeated would really be a huge underachievement and we would have to look into new coaching and players after something like that. my predictions Aus gold, NZ silver, Nigeria Bronze, England 4th.

Reply #74084 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754