oh oh
Years ago

Higgins to make an offer for 36ers.

Brenton Higgins will be making an offer to buy the 36ers.

(Mod: Deleted. Potentially slanderous.) I hope he doesn't get it.

Topic #6803 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Higgins is a renowned business man. Brilliant. I hope he snaps it up will be another Brisbane or Dragons.

Reply #76140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He might want to knock a "six figure" sum off the asking price to offset the apparent overvalued latest signing!!

Reply #76142 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If he does buy the 36ers, we can all ensure the future success of the team by eating lots of Golden North Ice Cream. Atleast its a pleasant way to help.

Reply #76146 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

A brilliant businessman and supporter of south australia.
Hope it goes through!

Reply #76163 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Well, if everyone doubling their Coopers drinking efforts to save a local company worked, I propose well all double our Giant Twin rations for a weekend to help Sixers should Higgins be successful.

Reply #76165 | Report this post

Wasn't Higgins on the BASA Board that got sacked? I cant see this being a good decision or the right direction, its re hashing old problems. Sure the money value will be good but what advantages are there for the sport, cant see him changing much as far as operations of the team which needs to happen.
Secondly from what it looks like Higgins is a YES man to Phil which isnt whats needed for this team to go further ahead, Phil needs to answer to someone who will make the hard decisions and make him accountable for doing nothing. Higgins would be a bad move, surley there are others out there that could put a decent case forward and save our team.

Reply #76168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with JS, Higgins is a back slapper and is one of the reasons why we are in trouble.

Reply #76176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasnt there another group known to be interested?

Reply #76180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Bell's group. MVP.

Reply #76182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as long as people say yes to phil and the money keeps flowing, maybe the championships will return.. ??

Reply #76184 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Higgins has tried to buy the team before with a group of other SA business men.

For those of you excited by that remember how well Golden North did!

Reply #76198 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What Higgins has done in the past for the club, would have to be different now if he bought it. Any mistakes or misjudgements is personally going to cost him money. When you put your own money into a venture, you would geniunely want to do the right thing.

Reply #76202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is this and the MVP offer one-in-the-same?

Reply #76233 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, completely different. There is another one out there as well.

Reply #76240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No, completely different. There is another one out there as well."

So there are now 3 legitamate consortiums* looking to buy the sixers?

* different interested parties

Reply #76244 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It depends how you define legitimate*, but pretty much, yes. Just kidding Belly!

Reply #76250 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

when do you think we will know when the winning party will be made public month 2 months 6 months ?

Reply #76251 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Thomo,

That is if they decide to sell? The best thing for the sport of basketball has to be made. At the end of the day if that is to sell then so be it but if the best option is to keep in the hands of the BSA then that option has to be followed.

Reply #76256 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Bring on 30th April.

Reply #76260 | Report this post

Muzza  
Years ago

I can only guess who's involved in the third one?!

Reply #76263 | Report this post

kev  
Years ago

there was that article in the paper a month or two ago now re the (former) owner of Adelaide United (the soccer club) being interested in buying the Sixers as his next 'turn around' sporting team investment... I don't know if anything else has happened with regards to this, but that's one interested party with the coin to make it happen - that's for sure. Was that included in the count of 3?

Reply #76659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:37 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754