Anonymous
Years ago

A.B.A results

Would anyone know the womens results yet or even the mens?

Topic #6837 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry just posted the norwood results in another thread

Reply #76475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats alright at least i got to know

Reply #76477 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturt men went down by 17 to North, the Sabres playing without Gower and Shepherd. North blew it out early in the first quarter and didn't give up the lead after that. Sturt got within about 5 or 7 at one point and then North hit a few buckets and got free throws in the last couple of minutes to give the final scoreline.

Hambour was a machine for North, again 1 assist off a triple-double with 17, 13 and 9. Potsie had 22 for Sturt, making some ridiculous threes (5/11 from outside), but Sturt shot at 31%.

Ng went 7/20 for 17 and 10, but 6 TOs. Forman 14 (5/19) and 18, but 5 TOs.

Sturt's "import", Austin Smylie, played 18 minutes for 7 and 5. Took a while to get going but was OK. Dodman was good for 8 (4/5 FG) and 9 in 21 minutes.

I was very unimpressed with Scott Palmer - didn't make a shot all night and as such wasn't an option on offense. Had Sturt played Dodman or one of Smyth/Hakendorf/MBauer in his place in the last few minutes, the result wouldn't have been so bad IMO.

BTW, put Hambour in the Sixers ten and give him minutes - he was great tonight.

---

Sturt women won by 30 (53-83), no Rocket had more than 8 points and they shot 28% to Sturt's 44%. Three Bowleys in double figures, Nixon with 13 and 9. Boards even, North had 20 turnovers to the Sabres 11, but those percentages look like the difference.

Reply #76489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any news on the mavs vs. woodys game??

Reply #76494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we'll tell you the result of the mavs woody game after it is played tonight!!

Reply #76495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting to note that Sturt won the boards 66-47, but their offence was so horrible, they still went down by 17.

Reply #76503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths defence was the best ive seen in the comp this year, in watching sturt each week i havent yet seen Oscar and Darren struggle to find open looks as they did last night

Reply #76504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Burdon and later J Kies did a top job on Ng. 17 points from Ng - if you were the opposition I think you'd take that every time. Dallas Q? had a top game - I think he was matched up against Oscar when he was on.

I agree with Isaac - given the current issues with the 36ers they could do a whole lot worse than give Hambour some minutes.

Reply #76523 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Who has the Mavs results?
Post them please.

Reply #76528 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Reply #76532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mavs women won mavs men lost

Reply #76566 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

who did well in the womens Mavs woodville game

Reply #76569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amanda Williams played well along with O'Brien to get the Mavs over the line.

Claire Christie played extremely well for the Warriors making some great baskets.

Vanessa Michaels and Brooke Sidebottom continue to improve it was good to see the Warriors women put consistent scores on the board.

The men's game resembled U10s with some great dummy spitting from both teams. Especially disappointing to see Paul Rees act like a petulant child.

Mavs lead for the majority of the game, but the warriors with a focused last quarter came out victors.

You would have to question the wisdom of allowing Brad Hill to keep the ball in his hands for as long as he does. Taking the last two vital plays and seemingly trying to win the game on his own, went away from the team work that had the mavs in front for 95% of the game.

Reply #76586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the womens match was pretty close though, surely the woodville girls will grab a win soon. eastern can't afford to turn the ball over that much if they play against more competitive teams, and it was actual quite close with only a few minutes to go.

Reply #76588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if the warriors women continue the improvement they have shown in the last few games and score consistently for four quarters they will win more than their fair share of games.
what does hurt them is the 5 or 6 point quarters.

that didn't happen on saturday night and the score line flattered eastern in the end it was a close game and a good spectactle.

With some very good home grown juniors, the future of the lady warriors is looking bright things can only improve from here.

Reply #76598 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:46 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754