Isaac
Years ago

NH: SA 'could support NRL team'

AFL-crazy Adelaide could support a successful National Rugby League team because of the latent following within the community, former Adelaide Rams coach Dean Lance said.

Purpose-built for soccer, Hindmarsh Stadium is ideal for NRL matches, Lance said, and a crowd of 10,000 is expected for the round six clash from 7pm on Easter Saturday.

The NRL admits long-range plans to spread the game nationally and SA is right in the mix.
Article in The Advertiser

More competition for the NBL in Adelaide...

Topic #6930 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's changed since the rams folded?

nice way to drum up support for the storms cowboys (i think) game in a few weeks.

Reply #77561 | Report this post

Bill Walton  
Years ago

Who cares about throwing a football backwards to run forwards.

Rugby League is boring.

Reply #77569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree, but others may think differently

Reply #77666 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Hang on people, rugby both leauge and union have a place...... If you cant sleep find one of these games to watch and you will be catching Z's in no time.

Reply #78132 | Report this post

GO THE MARONES  
Years ago

im a advid b ball fan but i love to watch NRL and union they have to be one of the most physically demanding sports around and its always good to watch a Australia vs kiwi clash and state of Origin.

Dnt mind to play rugby myself years of practicing agility in b ball helps specially when ur not 6ft tall and 6 ft wide lol.

any ways im dam sure that there are plenty of players in our state that are more then capable of playing NRL many probably do but then many would rather play for there state then go to say paramatta eels to play, and what this state needs is more variety not to mention having our own NRL team would heightin the sporting profile of south australia.

I dnt mind AFL but i find NRL just as enjoyable to watch if not better, none of this shirt grabbing crap just straight out flatten the guy its like watching WWE sometimes.

Its strang thou Rugby has being around longer then Basketball has in this state yet it never quite got there but when it did it was a short lived thrill ride, and out of some of the rams games i got to see, they easliy packed out adelaide oval everytime i was there.

i rekon alot of ppl would underestimate how many ppl out there are followers of NRL just the scene for it here in adeliade doesnt exsist so not much is said so before you go baggin this sport just think there are ppl out there who love NRL as much as you love NBL so be positive and let em give it a go again. im looking forward to the day it comes bak.

Reply #80988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's a marone?

Reply #80992 | Report this post

ben  
Years ago

After moving to SA recently from interstate, it is a little scary how much the media and bradcast is controlled by a code of football (AFL). On the east coast there is definately a preference from the NRL but there is still the option to see AFL. The NRL footy show has helped to promote AFL, as more sport the better. For you all that say NRL is boring.. id be very suprised if you have ever watched a game. I seriously dont see whats boring about seeing massive tackles and some jaw dropping ball skills. Since moving ive made an effort to appreciate AFL (partly cause its the only thing on). More sport the better. Bring the NRL here!!

Reply #135063 | Report this post

Wallace#3  
Years ago

I love sport of all types but never really got into NRL partly because SA doesn't have a team(s) and because games and NRL Footy Show get shown so late here. If there was to be an SA based team in the NRL I would probably be interestd in rugby league a bit more. So come on bring one over here, you've got one in Victoria.

Reply #136280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754