Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers win Blitz

Sixers win Blitz!!!!!!!!!!!!

defeated Sydney Kings 58 to 41

Topic #729 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Rychart 17 and 10 in the grand final, Holmes 13, 5 and 4. Farley 14. Farley played 22 minutes, Holmes and Rychart played 24.

Holmes got MVP for the tournament.

Reply #7525 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

C.J played 3 minutes and Knight just 4. Whats the dickhead up to now? Perhaps got down early and tried to save face by saying he did'nt play his main players?

Reply #7530 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Noticed this on nbl.com.au:
Adelaide had built a two-point game at the half and used their size on the boards to maintain the buffer for the win. The 36ers had an 11-4 advantage on the offensive glass for the match.

This is something we havent heard about Adelaide for a long time that we used our size to win the boards.

Reply #7535 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brett Wheeler has rolled his ankle and is set to miss the start of the NBL season.

Townsville are looking at signing Derek Moore to a temporary deal to cover for the loss of Pat Reidy who is out with a knee injury.

Goorjian is still looking for a big man to fill Sydney's final import spot.

Reply #7551 | Report this post

Wei-Do-Ping  
Years ago

Damn and for a while there I was hoping it happen to be someone else out for an injury for deanos fanatsy team.

Reply #7552 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

i have a good feeling about this season for the 36ers - we really have the goods to deliver regular high scores.

farley, maher, Rychardt, Holmes - all capable of a good haul

Reply #7554 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Unfortunately not as high scores as our opposition methinks for the most part, 2 of those 4 players couldn't guard the computer i'm on at the moment! A clue: it's not the Aussies!

Reply #7563 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What's wrong with your computer Richard?

Reply #7573 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also interesting is that Jacob was posting the best assists numbers in the team too which backs up the triple-double predictions of people the other day.

After day one, Holmes had 12 assists (equal with Boucher, MacKinnon, etc), and Grace/McGregor were joint leaders with 14.

Only got 1 in the next two games, but then had a game-high of 4 in the grand final.

I actually think that Maher, Farley and Holmes will draw the best defensive options from opposing teams, and that Rychart will be left to his own devices.

Reply #7578 | Report this post

Horatio  
Years ago

It'd be good to see Holmes step up. It's been coming for a while.

The Kings played with funny line-ups all tournament. I don't know why.

Reply #7580 | Report this post

"The Kings played with funny line-ups all tournament. I don't know why"

Because it was a pre-season tournament perhaps?

I hope we didn't have all our cards on the table just yet but our mix of personell seems to be much better than last year.

Reply #7644 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the final, it doesn't look like Sydney had many big men on the court. Knight hardly played, Wheeler was out. Their biggest would probably have been Barlow?

Crocs thumped NZ the other night too -- apparently Calvary is looking good, as is Redhage for NZ.

Reply #7647 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754