John Lawrence
Years ago

Stackhouse suspended for Game 5 in Miami

Jerry Stackhouse suspended for Game 5 for the supposed dirty foul on Shaq in the 3rd quarter. If Shaq says his daughters tackle harder than that... leave it at that... no harm was committed, and if dirty fouls are supposed to be suspendable material, then why wasn't Shaq suspended for the dirty foul he did on Stackhouse in Game 1??? Equal suspensions should be for equal acts, or else it is a classical case of the NBA hating Mark Cuban, and showing double standards to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Topic #7622 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

That is absolute @#$@#$@#!
It was a hard foul, worthy of a technical - JUST, in my opinion, which was called. Matter settled.

But to take it further and suspend him for the next game is a JOKE!

If it was any other player than Shaq, the fall wouldnt have looked nearly as bad, only because he is so damn big the fall looked somewhat bad anyone else would have hit the deck and just slid.

Reply #85575 | Report this post

kobe8  
Years ago

Yeah bad break for Stack. It was a different 'style' foul to what Shaq committed on Stack in game 1 though.

Reply #85579 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

True shaq falls hard but imagine how hard you would have to hit the guy to drop him??? I don't think it warrants suspension but if you are going to intentionally foul the guy 10 times a game then you have to do it within the rules

Reply #85586 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

M Dizzle did you see the foul?
Stack didn't hit him that hard, was just the fact that to get to the ball there was going to be body to body contact, even still he didnt get to the ball as Shaq is so damn big.

I've seen much more contact in some charges, is that not intentional?!

Reply #85588 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

miami 3-2

Reply #85590 | Report this post

So Stackhouse is allowed to jump through him in mid air? You have to protect the players.

Reply #85591 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

But you dont need to suspend him for that. Thats soft!

Reply #85592 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Exactly protect the player and call the technical - which was done.

Reply #85599 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

as i clearly said DJ 'I don't think it warrants suspension'

Reply #85601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze said on ch 9 today that it was a bad foul, but he shouldn't have been suspended.

Reply #85644 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sorry M Dizzle that was directed at eastern lowland gorilla, 'So Stackhouse is allowed to jump through him in mid air? You have to protect the players.'

Reply #85650 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754