Years ago

Trade idea - Boston and Philadelphia

Here's an idea I came up with for a potential Philadelphia - Boston trade. Just to be clear - IT HASN'T ACTUALLY HAPPENED! But it works under trade rules, according to the Real GM trade checker (www.realgm.com, Trade Checker ID 3224555). Anyway, here's the trade:

Boston trades Wally Szczerbiak, Brian Scalabrine and Gerald Green for Allen Iverson.

What do people think?

Topic #7790 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

they wouldn't give up gerald green

Reply #87293 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

i suppose they wouldnt give up Brian Scalabrine either. its only Allen Iverson.

Reply #87301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gerald Green will be better than Vince !! Pure shooter and he can sky like a young Vince.

Reply #87313 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Gerald Green better than Vince... Please tell me your talking about Vince McMahon and not Vince Carter

With a post like that no wonder your claiming anonymous.... I would to.

Reply #87325 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Gold TR

Reply #87363 | Report this post

Years ago

Boston would give up Gerald Green if it meant getting a ready-made superstar in Allen Iverson. Most trade rumours relating to Boston and Iverson involve them giving up Gerald Green anyway. I think Philadelphia would be stupid to decline this offer. They get a former All-Star (Szczerbiak) who's still young enough to reproduce that form, a future All-Star (Green) who can be fast-tracked along and not get disgruntled being stuck behind another star a la Tracy McGrady in Toronto, and a competent role player (Scalabrine) capable of shooting from the outside and giving a good 5-10 minutes of relief here and there

Reply #87420 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I doubt this will go down. Surely the C's wouldn't give away 3 players, especially including a young guy with loads of potential, just for Iverson, when the guy only has a few more years left anyway.

Reply #87426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iverson is only 30, and still very capable of scoring 30 a night

Reply #87431 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I love Iverson and the 76ers, i wouldn't like to see this trade happen... Plus look at it from the Celtics POV. Pierce and Iverson will want to be the leaders and take 25 odd shots a night... We don't want to turn the most successful club of all time into the Knicks now do we?

Reply #87446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

best club of all time is now in lakerland my friend

Reply #87450 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Green is not a future all-star... how can you say that??? Tell me one thing which makes Green a future all-star, and don't mutter the word "potential". Every rookie in the NBA, hell nearly every player that plays basketball has potential. How may live up to it???

Green couldn't bust the roster on a average Celtics team last season, he spent time in the D League. Let him make the roster and get decent playing time before calling him a 'future all-star'.

Oh and a question. If the C's get AI what do they do with Seb and Rondo, and to mention Delonte West?? 4 point guards. By getting AI now seems a different step in the 'youth direction' that Ainge seems to be headed in.

Reply #87452 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

AI i assume would play SG, with Pierce sliding over to SF.

Reply #87482 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I'd love to see the Celtics aquire AI but from what I can gather the 76ers arent impressed with what Ainge has offered and if a deal is to go through it is most likely going to involve a third team. Primarily I think the deal would center around Sczerbiack, West and a filler (+possibly a future draft pick).

3, the main problem I find with your trade is we then have an abundance of point guards and the 76ers then have a major lack of talent at that position. Personally i'd do it because i'd much rather see Veal leave than say West/Rondo or Gomes but I dont see it suiting either teams.

52-cans.. a trade with AI would hardly turn us into the Knicks.. I just fail to see how you came up with the analogy. If your referring to team chemistry I dont think it would be an issue. PP is not the most natural of leaders and would probably welcome the leadership and experience that AI would bring. PP has also being quoted as saying that he would like to see a vet come into the team.

TR I dont want to sound too much like a Celtics homer but I think at some stage Green will become an all star even if it is many seasons away. He's obviously still raw and this was partly the reason why he didnt play much last season (other reason being Rivers is an idiot). If you've kept an eye on him since last years Summer League Series you will see how much he has improved. I think his chances of being an all star are better than that of turning him out to be the next Kedrick Brown.

Danny Ainge has always said that he will continue to stockpile youth and draft picks in the hope that he can turn that into something better. I hope thats what happens here because AI in Boston means more C's games on ESPN and me wasting less time downloading them.

Reply #87539 | Report this post

Years ago

Delonte West is an SG who played the point last season. Iverson is capable of playing as an SG, so that leaves them with 2 SGs and 2 PGs - easy.

Gerald Green is a future All-Star because of potential, just like everyone who is a future anything. He did well when he cracked the team last season - averaging 12 points per game in April, as well as shooting a good percentage the whole time he was with the team, and he had much better numbers in road games, so he can handle the pressure of travel. I never said he's going to be an All-Star next season. He might not be for 10 years. I just see him as a good player of the future

Reply #87540 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

52 cans, I agree with you mate, it will be the Knicks part 2.
TC, I think Pierce showed us all when he played for Team USA that he DOES want all of the shots, I could not see him deferring to AI who always has to have his 25 shots a night. Will be interesting to see what happens.....

Reply #87548 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Yeh DB5, that's true. And TC, the Celtics are Paul Pierce's team, no question about it! Imagine him and Iverson fighting to be the leader of the team!

I'm defenitely not dissing the Celtics, I love them I'm just saying that 50 shots between them two leaves 25 odd for the rest of the team? DB5 is correct.

Reply #87563 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I'm not debating how many shots they'd take combined, either way it would be a lot. As a sidenote if wally is moved then someone else is gonna have to shoot other than pierce, if its AI i dont see too many fans being that upset. However I just dont think there would be a power struggle between PP and AI. Pierce has been crying out for some help and this would give it to him. If a trade goes down its gonna be interesting times in beantown one way or another. My gut feeling on this one though is it wouldnt blow up the team.

Reply #87570 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah, the way I see it, Pierce would be fine if he gets 20ppg and AI gets 25-30ppg. If not, the bitching will start and then the Celtics will be Isiah's next stop as GM. Let's hope not, would be good to see the Celts back up there....

Reply #87571 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

hawks season appears doomed.a judge has said the hawks cannot sign a player for more than 1 year due to the battling hawks owners not being able to figure things out between themselves. aw well a step closer to greg oden maybe....

Reply #87826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hawks ok now.they are now aloud to sign players for a max of 4 years only.

Reply #88238 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754