Isaac
Years ago

Boti talks with Vince Marino re Lightning

Boti Nagy has a story in The Advertiser today about Vince Marino, the new owner of the Adelaide Lightning. It talks about his background in business and basketball, and a bit more about his plans, though obviously it's light on details.

"I love the sport," he said yesterday, with his financial advisor Gary Murdock shaking his head, almost in despair. Clearly, spending $113,000 to buy a women's basketball team was not a business-only decision.

But Marino just smiles. "I expect to lose money in the first year," he said.

"I expect to lose money in the second year. By the third year, maybe we're breaking even."
His company, Link Engineering, employs 140 people and with construction booming he had the opportunity to take the plunge:
"I like a challenge," Marino says when pushed for why he bought the team.
» Lightning to boom

Topic #8118 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good on him, so much emphasis is put on the 36ers but the Lightning girls have rich history and it is great to see someone prepared to invest money in women's basketball.

I hope he & his family get as much reward from the season/ownership as the girls will get from playing.

Reply #90650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give em a game in whyalla !

Reply #90704 | Report this post

Joey  
Years ago

No Game in Whyalla!!

Reply #90727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no game in whyalla at all!

Reply #95953 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

People recently have asked about Link and Italy...

Reply #147187 | Report this post

no game in whyalla yet - wait til they have finished the stadium upgrade.

girls have been more succesful than guys - well done

Reply #147188 | Report this post

Kevin 07  
Years ago

Hell next year they may brake even ....... what a joke

Reply #172352 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754