barbara rowe
Years ago

ABL at North

NORTH ADELAIDE BASKETBALL CLUB
ABL MEN'S & WOMEN'S COACHES
The North Adelaide Basketball Club Management Committee is seeking expressions of interest from qualified personnel for both senior coaching positions. The appointments will be for a term of 2 years to commence with the upcoming 2006/07 summer season.
The successful applicants will require previous coaching qualifications (Level 2 preferred), a proven experience in coaching at Division 1 Competition Level, and the respect of our current player base.
The persons we are seeking will possess highly developed interpersonal skills and a commitment to the development of North Adelaide Basketball Club juniors to a senior level.
Please address your applications, including all relevant qualifications and an overview of your plan for our senior teams for the next 2 years to:

Greg Fisher
The President
North Adelaide Basketball Club
42 Scott Street
GLYNDE SA 5070

Email : [email protected]

Closing Date for all applications: 31 August 2006
For further details please contact Greg on 0418 809 491

Topic #8147 | Report this topic

The Early Bird  
Years ago

I assume Schueller will be taking this position.

Reply #90956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's what he's been telling the players from other clubs he is recruiting.

Reply #90957 | Report this post

swearing bear!  
Years ago

I so hope the Fat Bear gets the gig, everyone (bar North) would love to see North out of the finals

Reply #90969 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Not having Wallis there - huge loss for North.

Reply #90974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McKay will be fine in that job - wespect!
Perhaps mcKay should do mens program

Reply #90979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are both coaches leaving or is this a requirement of the club to seek new coaches on a regular basis or when contracts expire etc.

Reply #90983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I beleive Marc resigned before being pushed.

Reply #90990 | Report this post

Joey  
Years ago

Why is Marc being pushed out??? Who could take over?

Reply #90991 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Marc's just had some priority changes in his life, his decision looked to have been coming for a while now.
Mike is a fabulous coach and i hope to see him take over next year. He will definately ensure North's high calibre womens program continues to be successful.

Reply #90994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree baller,

and his duaghter will be able to start.

Reply #90996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please dont give the job to bear

Reply #91003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah if Mike coaches the girls won't leave.

Reply #91004 | Report this post

Pacey  
Years ago

I think Schuller would be good in this role, knows the group well and has the respect of the group. what about Robinson though, would he be interested? either way the group will continue to go strong, there is always only ever haters on here.

Reply #91035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schuller has been a great influence on the boys this year at North. I think the men's team are more than supportive of him getting the top spot.

Reply #91038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All i can say is its a young league so it would be good to see more up and coming coaches with Head coaching roles, a lot of club coaching spots opening up by the looks of it, could be a nice breath of fresh air into the league.

Reply #91041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who has bear been trying to recruit?

Reply #91043 | Report this post

Frosty  
Years ago

i know of one player that spoke to bear, but that was in relation with Scott still being head coach not him. and they approached him, not the other way around.

Reply #91044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could it be a former sixer maybe???

Reply #91045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would look at the guys he hangs out with. That he also coached at State.

I have heard people like Dan Lalic and Phil Brown from Southern, and Jordan Dodman from Sturt.

Would make North a decent team, even though some of therir current juniors might get shafted.

Reply #91225 | Report this post

Devils Advocate  
Years ago

KB to coach Rockets to groom all the potential 36ers

Reply #91605 | Report this post

yoghurt  
Years ago

Phil Brown is signed sealed and delivered to north, and over the next 5-10 years will be a massive player in there championship drives. Obv behind zorich and burdon at the moment, but still young.

Reply #91625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahh another Southern player bites the dust! I have a feeling that there will be more to come from all age groups!

Reply #91653 | Report this post

Felton Spencer  
Years ago

Yoghurt, you say "behind zorich and burdon at the moment, but still young" but how the hell will phil see court time with jordan kies, tom rowe, leif burdon and andrew greer also filling guard spots at north...

Personally, I would have all of those guys in my team before phil.

Besides, zorich and erik play 35+ minutes most games so where will all this court time come from??

You would think he should stay at Southern and hopefully within 1-2 years play a big role for the Tigers

Reply #91688 | Report this post

Justin Schueller  
Years ago

All players mentioned above will not be wearing North colours next year. We have some fantastic juniors coming through and plenty of talent as it is. Just because I have an association with players doesn't mean that will result in them playing for us. Scott, Paul and I think all athletes mentioned are great individuals and athletes but we would not jeopardise the development of our own players. People just like to stir the pot on here and it's disappointing. These athletes will continue to be fine players for their club and look forward to watching them grow into fine men of SA basketball.

Reply #91692 | Report this post

two faced  
Years ago

what a media friendly response 91692....pity it's a bit late when the horses mouth has already spoken, good luck getting a non-committed player from your wish list

Reply #91741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen knackers,
you don't have to call him 91692, he has already put his name to his post, unlike you, you two-faced ... oh, wait a minute!?!

Reply #91747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Justin,

You probably need to be careful when you are sitting in a stadium at a National Championship and are speaking to the before mentioned players.

Saying things like 'you guys will be the best recruiting class ever.'

Because people will over hear you.

Reply #91772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who has got the job??????

Reply #94068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754