Karl
Years ago

New BSA Direction

Does anyone know who is on the new structure? I have heard of a couple of names but I would like to know more and in particular what these people see as the major challenges ahead?

Who appointed them etc?

Any thoughts?

Topic #8253 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

you mean the new, but still the old, regime!

Reply #92227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce Spangler is the chairman

other than that i dont think much has been decided

Reply #92248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It consists of some one from basa, country and church basketball as well as some independants.

I think from what i understand, BSA will be over all those organisations (plus all other local comps) but they will not actually run competitions ie BASA will still exist and will run our current district structure. Well that is what the clubs are telling us. Everything is still to be decided though.

Reply #92256 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

I think it has already been posted that David Spear and Greg May are there.

Spear needs little introduction, from a basketball perspective, but does bring some excellent business credentials as well.

May is Senior or Managing Partner (not sure which) at Minter Ellison Solicitors, a passionate basketball man but not club aligned.

Has been a season ticket holder for almost the duration.

2 excellent appointments from a business as well as basketball perspective.

No idea on the others.

Reply #92257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leeann Grantham
Mick Fisher

92256, thats my understanding as well. The clubs will be represented by an organisation which will come under the commission. I dont think the new organisation is going to be called BASA though, something like Adelaide Basketball Inc. Nothing will really change from a governance perspective though - which is a worry.

Reply #92259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought that having "BSA" and "Direction" in the same sentence was a contradiction in terms. I hope to be proven wrong.

I think having Leeann there will be a good thing. I cant imagine she will take any bullsh*t from anyone.

Reply #92262 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 am, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754