Kent Brockman
Years ago

Mark Nash out for the season

Who do we replace Nash with?

Mr D Moore would you step into my office i have an offer from Adelaide for you!!!

Any one else???

Topic #828 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Isn't he back in time for Wednesday, or not?

Dench is still on the loose. Someone like Travis Lane to back up the guards?

Reply #8810 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Boti has reported in the papaer today he is out for the year with a "squashed" disc.

what about Lowery for some fight off the bench and a consistant outside shot? He would complement our running style....nah still would rather Moore.

We would have to wait for him to be cut by Tville where he is replacing Reidy.

Dench would be good fit as well.

depends on what dollars Nashy was on as to who we get.....maybe Sappa back in as well?

Reply #8811 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ouch, that's not good news. I think a guard would be the best bet. Lowery, Lane, etc still available as far as I'm aware. Ben Arkell even?

Reply #8812 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

I say we should go for either dench or moore, preferebly on a 2yr deal, as i doubt reesy will play for too much longer, and we need another centre to help coops
If nash wasnt on much $$$ putting us out of there market, i reckon someone like sappa could also come in and basically fill nashys role coming off the bench

Reply #8814 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I agree with what has been written above.

The thing is that I believe we are balanced with the team we already have. Ng and Williams will only be required to give Maher and Farley short breaks and even Holmes is capable of playing a couple of minutes at guard here and there.

I can't comment re the Townsville game but I noticed Oscar being used quite well at small forward in the New Zealand game. I was wondering whether Nash coming back would help or just cut into Forman and Holmes' time.

The positive that will come if we are able to replace Nash with a decent player like you would expect given that Nash was reportedly on a decent deal is that whoever we get will be a bonus.

I would prefer an impact guard but lets face it, if they wanted Lane or Lowery they probably could have signed them in the off-season anyway. I never once heard the 36ers were looking at either of them.

That leaves us with Dench, Moore, Brad Williams and Rupert Sapwell, all of which would be good signings.

Reply #8815 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Moore would be ideal.

He's with townsville for 5 games then free agent again.
Is fit and fits in with the 36ers.

Really need someone to support Holmes and Rychart. Have Forman but if one goes then very light in that area.

Guards I think we have stitched.
Holmes can roam, Ng and Williams provide rest.

Reply #8817 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Could be a different proposition with Lane and Lowery now. The season has already started and if they are not working, they may consider a cut salary. Before the season commenced, they may have left themselves open to better options.

Reply #8818 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

homegrown talent:
PUDDIFOOT

Reply #8858 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i agree with the last post. Pudds is a gun and can do it all. PHIL, IF YOUR THERE, give this man a go. BAH justin wilkey and hambouring. get them out and enter in some new blood.

Reply #8868 | Report this post

Balling  
Years ago

Surely Nathan Hawkes is being considered,a perfect replacement for Nash.Nathan did the whole pre-season,fits in with the boys,proved last season he is more than capable of still playing NBL and in my opinion is a far more talented and rounded out player than Nash anyhow.

Reply #8940 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

ahhhh...hmmmm Dereck Moore or Nathan Hawkes.....gee that is a tuff one.

One player has international experience, is 6'10", is a big shot blocker and offensive weapon...the other is a solid ABA player who can play as well as J Will on a good day.

Reply #8942 | Report this post

LemonJuiceinmyEye  
Years ago

Puddifoot can do a lot...

I'll give the guy credit as he has improved his 3 point shot over the last 3 seasons (not that it showed in the GF), but to suggest he could contribute at NBL level is ambitious at best.

It really depends how you look at it. I think Pudds is a solid player and would have value as training fodder. I would have him in my team ahead of Hambour and Gower, but who wouldn't.

I say get him in there, but as a replacement for Nash, he is not up to it. The nash of last season yes, of those prior, no.

Reply #8951 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

its deserpointing to the team

Reply #8990 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i think if we get moore, we may be too stacked with 4/5 players. it my be a better option to go for a slighty smaller, but still taller then most player, who can play in the three spot. and no, i dont mean Nathen hawkes. his days should have ended the first time he got cut!!!!

Reply #9290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754