Farley Boys Rep
Years ago

Fantasy Basketball

Hey guys, Last year i was involved in a NBL dream team competition on Sportal.com.au. appears that it aint gonna get up and running again. Does anyone have any idea if there is another of these competitions run as i enjoyed last years comp
Thanks!

Topic #8556 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I wouldnt rule out Sportal just yet. Ive done cricket, world cup and rugby ones with them this year and they all started about a week before the fisrt match.
I think they will launch it in the next few days.

Reply #95641 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Yer thats what ive been waiting for coz ive done EPL and all that with them... i just found it odd that they took the link off the NBL site as its been on there all off season untill today.

Reply #95643 | Report this post

FBP  
Years ago

and Sportal have taken it off in the dream team page. They had it up all off season aswell.

Reply #95646 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

They may have taken it off this week because they are putting the 06/07 up shortly instead?

Reply #95647 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Maybe so... hey Skip would i be correct in assuming u are one of the members of the Navy seals?

Reply #95651 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Correct

Reply #95652 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Very good indeed... Wouldnt happen to be the one that used ta have the dreads would ya? Us Farley Boys should have a challenge linde dup for you seals at our first home game!!

Reply #95653 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Nah, that would be Bizzy.
Care to let on any clue as to what we might be up for?

Reply #95655 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

nblgm.com.au is back up and running for this year. A good comp and it doesn't take all day to keep your team running.

Reply #95656 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Dont worry skip... nothing you have to worry about or prepare for on the first game night.
Couple of questions though... I play on thursday nights against Biz and each time the bastard rips us apart... will u guys be at the trial game on thursday night or not coz we got his team this week and it'd be such a pity if he couldnt make it. Also what do you guys think about us farley boys takin a bit of your limelight last year?? ;)

Reply #95658 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Not sure what he is doing Thursday, as long as he turns up to play in my team on Wednesday Night I'll be happy.
As for taking our limelight, the more the merrier I say. The more Seals, Farley Boys and Posses the better it is for the sixers. I hope to see more groups, banners, and people in general at the games this year.

Reply #95661 | Report this post

Slambour club  
Years ago

Pfft. Farley boys.

The Slambour club takes no prisoners.

Reply #95662 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Very True. Looking forward to a great year this year. Just think some of the other players were gettin a lil jealous of us bein the farly crew and not the maher crew... especially Forman... shoulda seen some of the daggers we copped from him!!!! all in good fun thought and the guys know it.. .My uncle was team manager last season so got to know a few of the boys!

Reply #95663 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

LOL Slambour club... that poor guy has got splinters in his arse i heard from bein on the bench so much :D Just jokin, seems like a good bloke and got some talent behind him. will hope to see a bit more of him this year and gain some more confidence. heard some good words from a mate in his north team when hes on his game!

Reply #95665 | Report this post

Slambour club  
Years ago

Haha. Hopefully he doesn't ever read this.

Yeah good bloke, and the Slambour club will live on. We were just in an awkard position to be seen last year. Of course to be fair you guys put in a lot more effort, haha. We just got a a old 50 cent "Get rich or die tryin" poster, chucked Slambour's head on and wrote "Challenge Slambour and die trying."

We also got some 70 year olds to hold up a sign which said "Slambour is a pimp" as he pointed to them coming out the player's race in introductions.

Reply #95672 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

So who is going to be part of the posse called Isaac Brockman?

Or when is somebody going to mass produce shirts that say "I know who Hoop Addict is".

Reply #95678 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I won't be playing any bball this week or next, have a knee operation tomorrow. So Farley boys, won't be dropping another 40 on you this week.

Reply #95693 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'm handing out a whole lot of shirts that read "I Know the Awnser"

Reply #95694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey bizzy if u remember correctly last time u only got 20... and we won. unlucky about the knee though mate hope all goes will and looking forward to seein ya makin a fool of yaself at the games again. HAHA, nah love ya work seals.

Reply #95698 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I just put my team in NBLGM,

PG - DMc
SG - M Helms
SF - J Holmes
PF - O Forman
C - N Horvath
CCH - A Black

$994,000 well spent.

Reply #95699 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

It looks like I will have to swap JDiddy & the Big O. No action in week one for them. I am sure I will get jack of this half way through the season. But right now enthusiasm is up there.

Reply #95701 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

LOL - I know how you feel Nutwork.....at this stage of the season Im planning on studying stats and updating players regularly......no doubt will all fall in a heap after round 2!

Reply #95709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im not really big on this nblgm.com.au dream team. Sportal's last year was awesome I think. Where's all the imports and stuff, the dont have every player on there or anything. I dunno. Just disappointed that there isnt another sportal one again this year. Still maybe they will put one up..with a bit of luck.

Reply #95798 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It would appear that sportal are not doing one now.
Someone on Ozhoops email the NBL querying it and was told that the NBL have commissioned vapourMedia to create an NBL Dream Team for this season
BUT it won't be ready for round one.

Bit disapointing. Seems nothing is going to be ready for round 1.

Dream Team
FOX
Wheelers Hammy

Reply #95801 | Report this post

sam  
Years ago

the NBLGM one is shiiit, they have players listed from 2-3 years ago, but with hardly any new 2006 imports.

Reply #95821 | Report this post

Soul Glo  
Years ago

sam: I've acknowledged that there are out of date players and players missing - this will all be tidied up in the next few days.

(It's not like I get paid to do this, so things like my actual job have had to take priority to adding a few players)

Hopefully you'll give it another chance..

Cheers

SG

Reply #95847 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Fri 17 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754