SD
Years ago

U14 Boys Nationals in Tassie update

This afternoon's games are critical for Norwood & Sturt.

Sturt need to beat Townsville to progress to the semi's.
Last night Sturt lost to Illawarra by 13. It was much closer than the scoreline reflects.

Norwood need to beat North to have a chance of progressing to the semi's.
It also depends on how much Dandenong win their game by.
If Norwood manage to beat North, it will end up with 3 teams on the same amount of points, with only 2 teams progressing to the semi's.

Lets hope Norwood & Sturt progress to the semi's.

Topic #8658 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

SD - Providing Dandenong defeat Maroochydore (as expected) the margain doesn't really matter.

If Norwood knock off Norths, then those two teams will progress to the top 4 on +/- between the three tied teams.

Norwood would need to win by 11 to claim top spot from Norths and then we'd see an all SA semi (assuming Sturt gets past Townsville).

Reply #97059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HA - It's Norths, not Souths.

And don't expect SD to actually know that the Dandy margin is irrelevant - they are a Sturt parent. They just THINK they know everything..

(Mod: Ooops, my bad)

Reply #97060 | Report this post

SD  
Years ago

Yes, I am a Sturt parent, but I also want all the SA teams to do very well.
I am not so embarred by that.
I do not have to hide behind a name of Anonymous.
This is a forum to keep people up to date, and if I take the time to let people know what is happening, what is wrong with that.
Maybe you should change your name from Anonymous to Mr Negative, or I only have have negative things to say.
Start being positive in life, and your life will change. You may become a winner.

Try it.

Reply #97067 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

"B Negative is a Blood Group

Not a way of life!"

Reply #97070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You calling others Mr Negative? Aren't you the same person who whinged about how hard and unfair it was belting teams every week?

If that's being positive, I'll pass.

Reply #97071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SD,

Before you shoot down everyone who posts as "Anonymous" maybe you should have a chat to a number of coaches within your own club; one in particular!

Reply #97081 | Report this post

SD  
Years ago

You assume that every perosn at Sturt is so fully involved with the club.
Your message means nothing to me.
I may not condone everything that goes on at Sturt, or Basketball SA, but it is good to be able to openly discuss things without being shot down because of things one has no idea of.
I take this to be a forum whereby one can discuss and learn what is happening, not being ridiculed because I happen to say I am a Sturt parent.
I am trying to be constructive.
I do not see this as a forum for sending cryptic messages that mean very little to a large number of readers.
You assume that everyone has other motives and know everything that goes on at ones club.
One has got to move on and forward.
Harping on the past is not going to change things.
Basketball in SA has been badly run, and things need to be change.
This forum seems to have its fair share of negative personalities who complain, but nothing changes.
I am sure that in 12 months time, the negatiove people will still be writing the same negative, snipey comments.

We need to go forward and improve he sport in SA, not bash certain clubs.

Put your name next to something if it is worth saying.
When I arrived in Australia, I was told about this tall poppey syndrome.
I see it in so many of the comments on this forum.

That is so sad to me.
I was hoping that something more constructive could come from this.

Reply #97089 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Norwood won by 12 ...top 4 here we go!!

Reply #97093 | Report this post

Sector &G  
Years ago

Exactly - a great achievement. Let's focus on the good here not every tool with a chip on their shoulder and no basis for any argument they might have.
SD move on. Leave the idiot to his whinge.
Sturt and Norwood have a healthy and POSITIVE rivalry. The others can get stuffed.

Reply #97103 | Report this post

bball4eva  
Years ago

jsas.das!!!!!!!!! haha

Reply #97104 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Sturt down by 10 at 3/4 time.

Reply #97292 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Its up to Norwood now.

Reply #97298 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Got smashed.
Play Sturt Tommorow.

Reply #97323 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Bad luck but WELL DONE to both SA sides. Hard to swallow now but that is a GREAT achievement.

Reply #97345 | Report this post

Crowd Boy  
Years ago

I would just like to say that the Sturt fans were a discrase. Sitting in the crowd getting abused by parents for making a bit of noise while ppl are shooting. I also was discrased when told if i do it again they will have to take it outside.
Unbelieveable display by them
Go Norths a great team and much more deserved the championship than Sturt.

Reply #102422 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 am, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754