Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Gilbert Arenas' air up there

You're NBA star Gilbert Arenas. Besides wondering whether you're going to be famous enough by the time you retire that someone somewhere will name their gym after you, ie the Arenas Arena, you are striving to find that extra few percent to take your game to the next level.

What to do? You take your perfectly normal house, and thin the air inside to resemble conditions at high-altitude level.

Who says NBA stars have more money than sense?

Topic #8811 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah thats just stupid, just do more cardio.

Reply #99094 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

there is a limit to the ammount of cardio you can do b4 being injured...

look at the crows they went the extra mile on the cardio....

Reply #99150 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

why is this considered foreign to you. It would cost a bit, I'm sure he can afford it. He is obviously trying to induce hypoxia to increase his number of circulating erythrocytes, blood volume, hematocrit, hemoglobin concentration, and capillary density (along with any other changes i've missed).

Reply #99207 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

ITA - I'm regretting buying you that encyclopedia for christmas last year...

Reply #99226 | Report this post

Years ago

More musuclar endurance is often better than either muscle work or just flat out cardio.

Reply #99471 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Rueben, you do not need an encyclopaedia, those are some basic responses to altitude training, which anyone who has done any basic form of exercise physiology would recognise. Whilst you have it out though you may want to read the title, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you hit the "a" key softly.

I must say though it did get me thinking of concurrent training (often an issue in team sports) and physiological effects of training (or living in this case, is he training there too?) with the gravitation of a lower altitude and the partial pressure of oxygen of a higher altitude? Interesting experiment he is conducting on himself though (albeit n=1).

31 I am not quite sure what point you are trying to make, or how it relates, care to elaborate?

Reply #99494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754