yogee
Years ago

Lightning win first

ADelaide Lightning won their first game tonight 70-63 against Bulleen.

Tracy Gahan top scored with 19 and 11 boards for Adelaide, with Erin Phillips with 18 & 10, and Sam Woosnam with 16.

Deanne Butler top scored for the game with 21, with Desiree Glaubitz scoring 11 and Karen Ashby 10.

Crowd seemed quite a reasonable crowd, and well above the official figure of 614.

Topic #8871 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Looks like Isaac and I were posting at the same time.

Reply #99873 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Did Brigid Bowley play?
Im not sure if she got any court time or not

Reply #99874 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

well done to the girls on a first up win

Reply #99875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to the unofficial stats, Brigid played 2:17 minutes

Reply #99878 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Thanks

Reply #99882 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

Photos from tonights game are now online at www.damrob.com.au
or direct link:
http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/v/WNBL/WNBL+Season+2006_2007/Rd+1/

Reply #99888 | Report this post

J. Petermen  
Years ago

Looks like we have two sports photographers in town from the the two lightning threadds - Damrob and Yvonne Millbank.

Only one way to settle this.... the two should square off "Western style" at either end of the Centre Court of the Dome at the next lightning game.

I can see it now, both photographers staring watchfully at each other posied with their cameras at the ready. The photographic professional that takes the best unblemished action shots and post it on Hoops SA gets to stay and flog there wears, while the other one will be run out of town.

Reply #99891 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hahaha, actually was thinking the other day there should be a photo of the week competition between Yvonne and Damrob - each picks what they think is there best photo - isaac throws them up here and we have some sort of poll/voting system (like the nba do for photo of the year).

End of the year the weekly winning photos all go head to head for the photo of the year and the true champion is crowned ;-)

(Think all photos should be limited to Adelaide 36ers & Lightning - no away teams to be included).

Reply #99901 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

I think they both do a good job to promote basketball. I for one hope that Yvonne and Damrob keep it up. Great job to both!

Reply #99935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754