zimzam
Years ago

sixers ten man rotation No good!

I am the only guy that thinks the sixers have too many players in need of more court time?
Hill needs more c/t
Ng needs more c/t
Mastrovich needs more c/t
I have been a fan of Wheeler and Copeland but what a waste of space. They are one season wonders. Put em on the bench and use em only when you really really neede them.

Topic #8918 | Report this topic

box me out  
Years ago

Majstrovich definately needs more court time, i agree with Hill too.

Majstro knocks his shots, helps put a body under the basket to grab a board, and is a general asset to the sixers that is not even utilised. What a waste

Reply #100439 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

And as for Hill, so much talent for a youngster if Phil doesn't give him some decent minutes don't be suprised to see him at another club next season.

Like Ingles he will absolutely dominate if given the chance and once again rub it in the sixers face.

Reply #100440 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Ng needs more court time? He had 32 minutes against the Hawks and he's averaging 20 per game, how much more time does he need?

It's Hill's court time that's the problem, he should be getting a mix of Darrens and Copeland's minutes.

Reply #100444 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I think the big problem is how limited some of the role players are. Many are very effective in some aspects of the game but total liabilities in other areas.

Ng is a great shooter but gets abused at the other end. Nash is a quality defender, rebounder and hussle player...but he doesn't want to shoot. Cooper is okay on the boards and a good defender but is very limited on the other end of the floor.

Right the now the system doesn't play to the players strengths and minimise their weaknesses. For example...why do we insit on posting Cooper when he has no post game? At the same time why is he forced to dribble out at the three point line so often?

I might be way off base, but it seems that out of the role players Majstrovich and Hill might be the most well rounded at both ends of the floor but they see less court time. Why?

Reply #100448 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

Hill could dominate like Ingles? You've got to be kidding me.

Reply #100453 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

twentyfour... the only reason Ninja got so much time last game was coz maher was out, leaving us with only him and Hill to play the point, and hes not averaging anywhere near 20ppg as his season high was 17.

Also, we will all get a chance to see what Brad Hill can do when given the opportunity on Friday night as Ng is injured and probably won't play, leaving Hill as the obvious choice to start at PG.

Reply #100461 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

i also think think that we need to decide on a starting lineup and stick with it (when maher is back) rather than changing it up every game, i would go with maher, farley, majstro, horvath and cooper.

Reply #100464 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They meant 20 MPG.

Reply #100471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is starting to get really old. Same comments different day.

Reply #100506 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Pardon my ignorance but why has there been a change to a 10 man rotation. Farley himself said that he is struggling to adjust to this. He is going through the toughest time of his career right now. Why are we doing this to our star import when so much is expected of him scoring wise?

Reply #100509 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Yes we are seeing the same comments each day so get used to it guys, this team is ordinary at very best, let alone its coach. So sit back and "enjoy" the season!

Reply #100519 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

The combinations and rotations over the past few years have been a joke . They should have cut Farley loose and brought in an athletic big to compliment Horvath . Someone like a Carlos Powell .
Run Maher , Hill , Ng , and blood Sutton in the backcourt .
Mastjrovich and Nash can swing .
Powell like , Horvath , Wheeler and Cooper up Front .

The core rotation would see

MAHER , HILL , NASH , PF , HORVATH as starters .
Nash to come out for Mastro , Ng to be used in 4-5 minute bursts and if he is hot then take the defensive liability or play a match up zone . Wheeler and Coops to back up the bigs .

Obviously we would have to change the offensive sets , and at the moment they are offensive , to fans of the game .

We would have Maher and Horvath playing a nice two man game

A go to PF who can create his own shot , set some picks and crash the offensive boards . Some D would be good also .

Hill can then be allowed to create and penetrate and use his aggression to produce .

Ng , light it up , ball screens , flair outs , penetrate and pop .

Mastro , setting picks , Boarding up , solid D , hussle , open Three balls .

Nash , Lockdown D , Boards , Open Threes with confidence or sit down buddy .

Coops , Aggressive help side D , Picks up the floor to help out ball handlers . Recognise offensive capabilities . Run and Run .

Wheeler , steady influence . communication which is a strength . Open looks , positioning , put backs . 10 and 6 in 25 minutes .

Sutton , blood when appropriate , enthusiasm , tempo .

I would then go to alot more games and if it did not work then maybe i could coach the team and we could do it again next year , and the year after and so on .

Reply #100557 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

"rotate on this" - best alias ever

Reply #100559 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Sounds like Goorj!

Reply #100564 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

are you taking the p*ss good doctor or did it provide some amusement ? Because i respect the vast majority of your posts and would be happy if you got a laugh .

Reply #100566 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

It cracked me up. In fact, could be a banner for the Bullets game.

"Phil, about your rotations...."

Reply #100590 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Nice , i like it .

Reply #100601 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Looks like all our problems are solved. Should be down to an 8 man rotation or less tonight...

Reply #100697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754