Bo Hamburger
Years ago

name of new Channel Nine show?

Only two more sleeps to the NBL highlight show on Sunday morning, but does this show actually have a proper title? (Besides "NBL highlights show" which seems to be the default one.)

It needs to be something snappy to get people's attention. I've thought of a couple lest the Channel Nine programming guys are stuck on it:

- Oops, it's Hoops!

- NBL FTA OK!

- This NBL Thing, hosted by Brian Goorjian

- The Simon Kerle and Marcus Wright Show (might as well give out the Logies now if these guys are on board)

- The Yao Ming Show, hosted by Rick Burton

Topic #8940 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I don't care what it is called, have you seen the Shows Presenter!!

Schwing.....

Reply #100760 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I don't care what it is called, have you seen the Show's Presenter!!

Sturty, I vote for that as the name of the show!!!!!!

Reply #100762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to yourtv.com.au it is called NBL on Nine

Reply #100765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The last roll of the dice.

Back to the future

Life begins at 40

Respect your elders

Reply #100769 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Maybe they should call it "Thank God It's Here".....people might get confused and it'll rate thru the roof!

Reply #100779 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Stephanie Brantz Show.

BTW, didn't know this before, but Brantz, the host Sturty is in love with, played state basketball, and has also played netball and been a swimmer. Has also done a bit of work hosting sports functions, so might be a valuable one to have in the NBL fold?

Reply #100793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was just on the channel 9 website and it is on there as NBL on Nine. There isnt any more information on it but it is on at 11 30. i dont think the name is very original. oh well i guess we just have to be glad it is on FTA.

Reply #100801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even Seal'D is a better name than that!!

Reply #100808 | Report this post

Sunday Pro Ball

Reply #100812 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

NBL: It's the Brantz Pantz.

Reply #100814 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Why does it need a name? It is simply NBL on Nine, just like AFL on Nine, NRL on Nine etc etc... I'ts sport on Nine pretty simple and to the point if you ask me.

Sure if it was a 'magazine' style show than a name is necessary - such as Foxtel's NBL Wrap, but it is not it is simply a very condensed replay of the Foxtel game, with a host who will probably just do a quick intro into the action if were lucky a quick half time report and maybe run through some stats at the end.

Reply #100819 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Who gives a shit???
Hoops is on Free To Air people, show the love, watch it, give it ratings, and who knows....we may just get some games back on air!!

name, schmame.....

Reply #100824 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

You can normally tell how well a presenter or commentator knows the sport by the way they say the players names.A commentator on fox news the other week kept on saying 'Willie Fairly' ,i cringed everytime i heard it!

Reply #100845 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

The Promotion and Relegation Show

Reply #100850 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Dare I say the James Pennington show????

Reply #100856 | Report this post

nbl ftw

Reply #101067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754