camsurmo
Years ago

Rucker heading to Adelaide??

i here on the grape vine Derek Rucker could be signed by the 36ers. to replace Maher who is out (calf) for tonights game as well as wheeler (hamstring) for the match against the dragons.
they are slim as well having lost Fuller at Centre and we all no that Jacobs Bricks built the Holmes Dome.

Topic #9105 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

... and by grapevine you mean nbl.com ?

Reply #102931 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Or The Advertiser?

Reply #102934 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Or that I'd already posted about this on the forum this morning, and put it on the 36ers site?!

Reply #102935 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

have we checked the IP ? is it our old buddy brad ??

Reply #102937 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

would they sign rucker perminantly cause he is a solid gaurd if he stays healthy

Reply #102942 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Couldn't be Brad, no spelling mistakes.

Reply #102945 | Report this post

camsurmo  
Years ago

Look you angry sixers fans, for starters i dont read the paper. i got a sms from a mate saying Rucker heading to Adelaide?? it was a question not a statement. isaac you should get a medal for posting that info so quick mate your my hero.
this is not brad either.

Reply #102961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not hard to have a quick check of the forum index before starting a new thread, that's all I'm saying.

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Reply #102966 | Report this post

camsurmo  
Years ago

i should have known. you are now my Forum god. Peace.

Reply #102976 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Isaac, if you are now the forum god, do we bow down to you, or just your Ferrari??

Reply #102978 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You bow down to Ms Dewey, and Ms Dewey alone!

Reply #102983 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Well all this got a little awkward! well done on the God status though Isaac...you've been pushing for it for a while now. Im setting up the shrine right now.

Reply #102990 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Let us know when you are done Nino...

Isaac, I have been trying to bow down to Ms Dewy since you told us about her!!
ha ha

Reply #102999 | Report this post

bog  
Years ago

What a joke... yeah, lets sign up another old fart!

The sixer's need a serious hit to the head an start focusing on young talent.

Reply #103001 | Report this post

According to CJ Brunton in his interview, Rucker was released from Brisbane because he is more of a shooting guard than a point guard. It was nothing to do with his age apparently.

This is the same reason why we will not sign him. 36ers are up to their armpits in shooting guards [part of the chemistry problem] and need talent in the point guard dept.

Reply #103034 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Reckon Rucker would learn how to pass quick smart if it meant 1 last shot a paycheck....errr NBL team.

Reply #103035 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He is concentrating on his media stuff, so not interested in playing NBL any longer.

Sutton is our man I reckon!

Reply #103036 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

sutton played very well tonight, rucker is a bad seed

Reply #103117 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

I reckon Skip should be brought into the squad. Could provide a lot of versatility and boy does he have hops.

Reply #103154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why not just bring Al back or get Speary out of moth balls

Reply #103168 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I personally would have picked Rucker over Copes!

Reply #103205 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Kdog - WTF!?! On ya way son.

I too when copes was signed thought Rucker would have been a better option. With Rucker officailly retiring now, I guess we will never know.
After a slow start, Copes has provided a good presence I feel. He is certianly getting the crowd into the game which will hopefully mean more bums on seats.

Reply #103208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754