Bizzy
Years ago

Official: Pigs coach Watkins Sacked

Mark Watkins has been given the flick from the Razorbacks and Cal Bruton is taking over effective tonight.

Good move by the Razors IMO, hopefully Cal can get them back on the winners list.

Razorbacks Press Release

Topic #9426 | Report this topic

PC  
Years ago

Cal is a legend. Great to have him back in the League. Watkins had to go eventually as Boti has kept telling us. I wonder what may have happenned if they beat the sixers.

Reply #107092 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

GOLD !

*Nick Horvath was asked by Fox Sports News this morning for a comment on Watkins' sacking :

" What can i say - he is a mediocre coach "

*The above quote is in no way factual.

Reply #107093 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Any news on the assistants? Is Ricko still on board?

Reply #107096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely....surely they could have been a bit more creative than that.

Reply #107098 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Suprised it took them this long...

Reply #107100 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Great to have Cal back in the league.

Reply #107103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

next stop on sacking ville.....Smyth!

Reply #107104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor old Rick is having a rough run. Same thing happened in his other NBL gig at Hunter. Hopefully they keep him on this time.

Reply #107107 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

i think there will be major changes in the coaching of a lot of nbl teams this season. Shame about Watkins a great guy! Cal will only be there to short term

Reply #107120 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

'The Black Stabber' is back!

R.I.P West Sydney

Cal Bruton is cancer to any team he touches

Reply #107127 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Was going to say, Cal hasnt exactly had a great run of success in the NBL in his last few attempts....and with all the rumours of West Sydney's demise still going around.....well who knows?

Reply #107146 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon they'd just be getting him to coach out the season. But I do like the Pigs being in the league and would rather see the franchise stay around.

Reply #107151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754