Isaac
Years ago

Boti: 36ers need passion of youth

Surprised no one's mentioned Boti's article today.

THE passion of youth is what's sorely missing from Adelaide's 2006-07 NBL outfit, not that youth in itself is a complete cure-all.

But tonight as the 36ers (5-9, 9th) take on New Zealand (4-7, 8th) in Auckland, it's hard to see where the reversal of their 90-99 loss on November 4 will come.
Ruing the need for speed
This week a former 36er noted for his passionate approach to the game, threw a hypothetical at me.

"If you lined up 10 basketballs on the centre-line, 10 State league players on one side of the court and the 36ers on the other, blew a whistle for them to run and grab a ball, the Sixers wouldn't come up with a single one," he said.

Harsh? Maybe.

Fair? Probably.
Thought this was an amusing caption for the photo of Carlos Powell:
"NZ import Carlos Powell shows his athleticism with this dunk, as he will again here on Saturday at the All*Star Dunk contest, but hopefully not tonight."

Topic #9501 | Report this topic

Tick Tock  
Years ago

Phil Smyth Achilles Heel is his lack of recruiting ability with young players.

The world knows Phil cannot develop players, so why would they come here?

Boti's Achilles Heel is seeing Phil's ability through rose coloured glasses.

If this team was assembled anywhere else in Australia Boti would be non stop bagging them.

Reply #108004 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Sorry Tick Tock. Did you read a different article??
Seems to me the rose colour is fading ??

Reply #108022 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's a very, very indirect criticism if at all, IMO. Maybe a bit of an analysis, but no fingers pointed at all.

Reply #108025 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

The rose colour is fading slowly, but the soxers are fading quicker. The longer they deny it, the more damage will happen.

I'd really like to see him let rip on Smyth with the same reckless abandon he shows when he reports on Goorjian or Heal.

Reply #108035 | Report this post

Cynical  
Years ago

Boti knows he should be dropping the hammer but doesn't quite know how to do it without getting on the wrong side of Phil. Hence he dances around the truth with endless innuendos which he can always argue 'that wasn't what I meant' if he gets called on it!

Reply #108053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754