Isaac
Years ago

McQuade says 36ers 0-2 this week

The NBL's game preview oracle doesn't fancy the 36ers' chances this week. Matt McQuade has tipped Adelaide to drop both games by double figures. Are those of us thinking that they could snatch one of the two games too optimistic?

Round 11 Previews on NBL.com.au

Still, Cairns is 6-1 at a home gym rapidly becoming a fortress, and even though Alan Black would no doubt consider this a danger game for his troops he would still walk into that arena with great confidence against a Sixer ballclub in dire straits. While Phil Smyth publicly states his team can still make the postseason - and of course he's right - he must be wondering how he can pull an old, tired and ineffective ballclub out of the mire.
And then they back up against Townsville the following night.
Townsville is currently 5-1 at the Swamp ... Meanwhile, Adelaide has already been written off by none other than the esteemed writer for the Adelaide Advertiser. Boti Nagy, who correctly surmised that if the 36ers can't beat the Breakers in New Zealand, how can they expect to beat their next three opponents on the road  Cairns, Townsville and Sydney, who have a combined record of 17-2 at their respective gyms? ... Playing Townsville on the backend of a tough road double, with virtually zero preparation, looks like a recipe for disaster. Phil Smyth knows the Crocs will attack his aging unit right from tipoff and where they are most vulnerable  in transition and on the perimeter.
A strong hope in the Crocs game is Nick Horvath and an opportunity to take advantage of Andrew Rice in Daniel Egan in the paint - unless he gets mugged by Larry Abney of course. And the question on Horvath's fitness remains - he lasted 10 minutes at yesterday's training and is on a 'reduced training schedule'.

McQuade finishes on a pretty sour note:
Look for the Crocodiles to bash another nail into Adelaide's coffin with a solid victory.
After Phil Smyth had one-on-one chats with each player, can they show some fight?

I'd like to reverse my tip from yesterday and say they'll win in Cairns, and lose in Townsville.

Topic #9547 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

IMO...IF they are gong to win a game it will be against Cairns...I cant see our team backing up after the first game and coming out with a win in Townsville.

Reply #108600 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I can't see the Sixers beating the Taipans on the road. They are too talented and too good at home. The only chance the Sixers have is if Cat doesn't play or is limited.

I can't see the Sixers winning the second of back-to-back games on the road. It's tough enough for most teams, but the Sixers usually stink in those second games.

Sadly, I see two 10+ point losses this weekend. I hope I'm wrong.

Reply #108654 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

i agree jasmine, dont think we hav any chance against cairns if the cat is healthy. i think we have a tiny chance against the crocs but we need all of our big 3 at their best... especially brett.

Reply #108674 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754