hawkeye
Years ago

And 1 3-on-3 not coming to Adelaide

what a joke to see SA being the only state (along with NT, TAS) not involved in the next "AND 1" tournament at the end of the year! Last years finals in melbourne were huge! Basketball in this state is a joke!

Topic #956 | Report this topic

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh, I was told of the And 1 team were coming to australia (they were playing along with an "open session" before the main game) from the people in footlocker. I went on the net to find out where I could get hold of tickets only to find that it wasnt coming to Adelaide...
It's just stupid... why would they go everywhere then miss Adelaide?

Reply #10530 | Report this post

hopeless  
Years ago

"SA being the only state (along with NT, TAS)"

does'nt that make it three states.

how can SA be the 'only' state then put NT and TAS as well.

Reply #10541 | Report this post

hawkeye  
Years ago

well done hero, because Qld and NT are renowned for their ball as well! thats what I meant dip#hit

Reply #10543 | Report this post

hawkeye  
Years ago

TAS!

Reply #10544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawkeye,
Basketball in this state is a joke?
12 male spots at the institute
4 SA players
Statistically we should have ONE!
Is AND 1 Basketball anyway, or is it putting a ball up your T-shirt and having it bounce out behind your back?

Reply #10582 | Report this post

hawkeye  
Years ago

because the institute is such an achievment as well isnt it? so many players go into that system and return worse than they arrived!If you actually went and watched the and 1finals you would relise just how popular it is! not everyone is into the whole hold your arm up when you go and set screen text booked STurt style!

Reply #10589 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

While this may not be basketball in a "pure form" I agree with hawkeye. With flagging attendances and need to attract people to the game this type of event may be the answer. What next Anon, say we don't want the Harelem Globetrotters. Get the kids in and wanting to play basketball in some form or other and then educate them into the "pure form".

Reply #10591 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

is there anything we can do to let AND 1 know we want them here?

Reply #10606 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could do worse than have people post to express their interest, then email them to let them know. Worth a shot (but they might already have a full schedule).

I'd be interested. When I first saw the mixtapes, I thought they were amazing (good soundtracks too). I emailed And 1 in Australia and got them to send me the DVD so I could pass it on to my brother. We've watched it a fair number of times!

Reply #10607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just from what i heard, the people at "and1" wanted to come to adelaide, it was outside powers that stopped them....

Reply #10636 | Report this post

DARK DIRK  
Years ago

I recieved an email from And 1 as i was disgusted that they were not coming to adelaide, his reply was that they could only get the 4 states, and a promise that it would happen next time.
Just need to keep on them about it
cheers

Reply #10641 | Report this post

Youairballed  
Years ago

Hawkeye,

I'm the first anonymous poster but not the seccond.
I didn't mean to suggest that it would be a bad thing if and1 came to Adelaide, as I believe the opposite. I ment it isn't the SA Bball communitys fault.
In response to your sarcasm,
Yes the institute is an achievement weather or not you think so. Some will go there and not perform but thats what its about finding out if you can cut it at a National/International level.

You totally missed my point, NSW may get And1 but we have more institute kids, better state teams and a stronger local comp.
I don't see the joke!

ps. When was the last time you saw anyone signal a pick with a fist?

Anonymous,

You suggested the decision was made by "outside powers".
Who the hell does that mean? Please elaborate.

???,

Do you remember years ago there were 3on3 comps held at the bay they were huge. That is the sort of thing that would ket kids playing ball.I know I'd be there if not just for the perv.

Reply #10689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As someone said, the AND1 tour was coming to Adelaide, but particular members in Adelaide made it to difficult for AND1 to come here.(costs etc.) I am trying to find out who the people were that may it hard for AND1. When i find out, all will be revealed.

Reply #10826 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754