Bully
Years ago

NH- Monty Panaesar

Its good that the aussies r up 2 nil but y didnt the poms play this guy earlier, give him a shot in adelaide and they might still be in with a realistic chance this series

Topic #9735 | Report this topic

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Because they were too scared to take a risk, hes a notably poor fielder and batsman and they didnt think he would cope in an ashes match, good on him for sticking it up the ECB and coaching staff, i like him

Reply #111218 | Report this post

WHy can't the Poms find a few of there own home growen talent rather than bring in imports from all over the world?

Reply #111222 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Wasn't Andrew Symonds born in England???

Reply #111225 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Actually i just checked he was born in England so that arguement, as much as i would like to use it, doesnt stand.

Reply #111226 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Monty's not a ring in like Peterson and Jones, he's a genuine Brit, there's a massive sub-continent population in the UK.

There's a lot to like about the guy, the way he's genuinely pumped when he gets a wicket, like a child who's just got his dad out in the backyard. Doesn't have an attitude and he's big on the high five, that's enough to earn my seal of approval.

Reply #111227 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Im just waiting to see him with the willow in his hands!!!

Reply #111228 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

You just gotta love Monty.

Reply #111273 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

It would be interesting to see how Monty went if the Australians did not go in with the mindset to smash everything he bowls.

Reply #111275 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I thought Symmo was the only that had that mindset.

Reply #111288 | Report this post

Years ago

I just found out that Monty played club cricket for Glenelg last year. Does anyone know how he passed through without becoming a major cult hero in this town?

Reply #111329 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754