cLaRkY
Years ago

New Zealand Breakers

The Game between the Breakers and Townsville is on Fox Sports now, I was just wondering if anyone knows the reason why the Breakers all have a black arm band on?

Topic #9821 | Report this topic

Bully  
Years ago

One of the members in Henares family dies during the week, It was mentioned in the 1st quarter

Reply #112246 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also, I think their chances of making the playoffs might've died during the game...

4-18 start to the game and they were done. Not good enough.

Reply #112260 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

In that case Isaac, Adelaide should start wearing black arm bands for the rest of the season.

Reply #112275 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The 36ers have been playing better than the Breakers in the majority of recent games.

They absolutely needed to get that game last night (8 of 13 remaining games on the road) and had another shocking start.

Might be a close finish for the play-off race if these teams are all playing such flakey basketball.

Reply #112277 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Where to after making the playoffs? Look at the hurdles in the way.

Reply #112283 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If that's your thinking, why play at all?

Gotta be in it to win it. Never know when the other team might have an off night, when German measles might strike their camp. If you win through to get a home final, it means revenue for the club. Making the play-offs is pride for the club and coach (witness all the "x has coached y to the play-offs for the last z seasons" statements).

When Brisbane or Melbourne have bought their championship, do you think they'll get a receipt?

Reply #112286 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BTW, check out Powell's reverse dunk on the break: Fox Video

Reply #112287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

melbourne buying a championship? excuses, excuses isaac. did adelaide buy their championships or is it just any other team that wins other than adelaide who can be accused of that?

Reply #112297 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, Adelaide can be accused of buying a championship if you are confident that they were over-spending the cap.

This year, they're not.

All I'm saying is that I'm not surprised if a fan or team is frustrated that a couple of teams are able to assemble far superior rosters. They're beatable, but it stacks the odds.

Reply #112298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:23 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754