Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Gilbert Arenas is one strange cat

I've got to say that Gilbert and his little quirks are starting to grow on me: from thinning the air inside his home to resemble high-altitude conditions, and now, a website for his own birthday party.

It's being hosted by Diddy (aka Sean Combs, aka P. Diddy, aka Puff Daddy, etc), and performers include Busta Rhymes and The Game.

You'll also need your very own "Arenas Express Card" - Arenas' spinoff of an American Express card - to get in.

You can read about what else is on his mind at the moment here.

On the surface, his behaviour doesn't seem to really dispel the stereotype of rich athletes acting like tools - but at least he's an interesting tool who isn't afraid to say what's on his mind.

I won't leave home without him.

Topic #9931 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

he aint a tool at all

Reply #113477 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah, he's a good bloke. He came from nothing, living in cars and stuff when he was growing up. So he does appreciate what he has. So what if he wants to throw a party every now and then?

Mind you he is a bit quirky. But hey, I like a personality.

Did anyone see that shot he hit yesterday? They are down by two and he just jacks the three from wayyy downtown and walks away before it even goes in. Reminded me of Larry Bird!!! Was awesome...

Reply #113499 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Check the Top Ten from Dec 30 I think it was. He has a play where he is on the baseline about half-way out to the arc and pressured by a defender. He fumbles the ball (or it's knocked out of his hands) and he flails out to grab it but fails - the resulting whack sends it up into the air and into the basket. Ridiculous.

Reply #113502 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, an open bar from 8-11, that's very generous of him, surely a guy on $10m a year could spring for an open bar all night!

Reply #113505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its all about gilbertology... the dude rocks... go Hibachi

Reply #113640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:46 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754