LC
Years ago

Magic @ Lakers - Game 1 **Spoiler**

Today is the day the 2009 NBA finals get underway...who will win game 1?

My tip is that the Magic can upset the Lakers today by 2 points.

ESPN Preview: http://linky.com.au/vffwe

Topic #20103 | Report this topic

Rybags  
Years ago

Is the game live on ONE HD?

Reply #238654 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No - One Hd is showing the game at 4:30 PM AET tomorrow.

Game is live on ESPN - Foxtel.

Reply #238656 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Anyone else having problems with the play-by-play widget at nba.com?

6 points, 4 boards for Bynum early...

Reply #238662 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Interesting... Nelson activated.

Reply #238663 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nelson has yet to take the court. Magic up by 2 at the end of the first. Hedo playing very strongly. Kobe 3/8 from the field.

Use ESPN Gamecast instead...I think it is superior to the NBA.com version.

Reply #238665 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nelson sees some action - 3min for 2 points (1/1 shooting) and 3 assists. Good start and very good signs for the Magic! Up by 5.

Reply #238666 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Nelson isn't missing a beat after 4 months off.

Reply #238667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I knew Nelson would return for the NBA Finals if they made it that far when he was first injured and when they first announced the length of time.

It added up. If Magic reach the finals, he'd be back.

Alston and Nelson is a lethal combo. Picking up Alston helped the PG position and allow superb delivery to Dwight inside.

Reply #238669 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

As expected, Bynum in foul trouble early with 3 forcing Gasol to guard Dwight and just picked up his 2nd foul. Dwight's already been to the line for 8 free throws making 6 of them!

Reply #238670 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Still, not doing them much good. Down by 10 at the half. Kobe doing his Kobe thing, it seems.

Reply #238678 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Kobe has hit some extremely difficult shots, with great D on him but is just in the Kobe zone at the moment. The thing that has impressed me with Kobe so far is he isn't forcing it, he not only has 18 points @ 50% but 6 assists and 5 rebounds.

Reply #238681 | Report this post

NBL in guam  
Years ago

Did the fat black guy (not magic johnson) just say "discombobulated" when referring to the magic?

Reply #238683 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

For those who can't watch it live, who is guarding Kobe??? Or is that the problem...no one is! 22 FG attempts in just over a half, that's ridiculous!
I'm assuming Pietrus has just come on to guard Kobe?

Reply #238692 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Orlando need to go inside to the Big fella, who's going to stop him!

Reply #238693 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Panther - when the Magic go small with Alston, Lee, Hedo, Shard & Dwight - Lee is stuck guarding Kobe. Kobe is just taking Lee into the post and abusing him - 22 FG's yes, but 22 FG's from inside the foul line extended.

Reply #238694 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Yes, Lee hasn't been handling him very well....

The reffing appears to me to be a bit biased against Orlando, they don't seem to be getting all the ticky touchwood foul calls that the lakers are..... might just be me, i don't actually care who wins, so no bias here.

Reply #238695 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

All over! Orlando are just chucking it up from the 3pt line now, it's ugly to watch (via play by play updates!)

Reply #238696 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

The problem Orlando have is that they let Kobe get to many easier shots early and now he has just caught fire.

ESP - I'm not sure that the reffing is biased more so that the Lakers aren't playing D with their hands more with their feet compared to Orlando.

Panther - it's only UGLY when Orlando get the ball - the triangle is firing on all cynlinders.

I like to think I have a completely unbiased opinion for those wondering - I hate LAL but appreciate the triangle.

Edit: Kobe has also had a hand in 22 of 33 of LA's made baskets.

Reply #238697 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bizzy... ban playtime now please.....

Reply #238703 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

NOW!!!

Reply #238707 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Easy win for the Lakers

Odom was the key....11pts and 14 boards off the bench

Kobe wil get his 30+ regardless

Odom is the key....if he plays well, the Lakers will sweep Orlando

Lee is a liability at the defensive end for the Magic....if it wasnt Kobe taking him down low, it was Luke Walton doing the damage

Lakers will post up whoever he guards....IMO, they are better off starting Pietrus

Reply #238723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe got 40 but needed 34 shots to do it and still couldn't even shoot 50% from the field.

Reply #238731 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You know you're a hater when you whinge after a guy has 40 points at 47% (rest of the team shot 45%) in a 25-point finals win, scoring at better than a point-per-minute, and adds eight boards and eight assists.

Reply #238732 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

That's one good game from Odom so far. Three more double-doubles from him and the title is LA's.

Reply #238736 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

As said in other thread, Bynum-Howard matchup may be a surprise; during practice Kareem has really been helpful to both bigs (I'd almost call it Kareem-Howard matchup).

Kobe had a brilliant game last night, people won't be saying anything like that if LeBron had those numbers. the man's on a mission right now.

Reply #238771 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

lol....love your work Isaac

Reply #238789 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

what I'd say to all y'all non believers - no contest.
If y'all don't believe in Kobe now you will after this game!!!

Reply #239065 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

it's like y'all want to laugh and snicker at the comments but am proving I'm more right about bball then any of y'all. Everythin I predicted so far has come to pass - making yours truly the only one that knows wats up !!! :P

Reply #239067 | Report this post

factz  
Years ago

dwight is the difference for orlando. only problem is that the orlando magic do not have the smarts as a team like the lakers. orlando is more athletic than the lakers overall,but they dont have the same cool as the lakers, who have been to this stage many times before, plus did i mention phil jackson is their coach

Reply #239740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754