Isaac
Years ago

Tigers set to announce four signings

NBL's Marc Howard on Twitter:

The word out of @MelbTigersHQ is that they are on the verge of announcing the signing of four players, possibly as early as tomorrow.
All four are being touted as "priority signings" including one who will be making his @NBL debut & some familiar faces - stay tuned!
Guesses or rumours?

I assume Dorsey staying doesn't need to be announced?

Rush, Lewis, Walker and a rookie?

Boti is wondering on Twitter if Ballinger is one of them.

Topic #28319 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

They need a miracle to be half decent for next season.Dont have a core group to work with for starters.Looks like they maybe stuck with Dorsey.

Reply #362626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL debut....must be a returning college player? Page?

Reply #362630 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I doubt it's Page, he still has two years of college eligibility left.

Maybe it's Nate Tomlinson?

Reply #362632 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Boti on Twitter hints that Ballinger is one of the signings.

Reply #362633 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Rush and Walker are already contracted.

Lewis could be a possible re-signing.

Reply #362634 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Tomlinson is going to suit in Cairns from what i've been told.

Alot of talk in Melbourne that Lewis will be one of the signings!

Also a number of Big V/Seabl players have been contacted to see if they are available or would like to work out (Apparently they are looking at cheap local options to fill the end of the bench)

Reply #362635 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We certain Ballinger has already signed with Melbourne?

Grantham said there was still room in the 36ers' salary cap to retain captain Adam Ballinger, who is a priority for the squad.

"He's been an MVP player, I great captain for the team and I think the Adelaide folk have adopted him" she said. "Tthere's no question we would like to see Adam stay in Adelaide," she said.

Ms Grantham said the club was yet to discuss imports.

AdelaideNow

Reply #362642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Kickert and Adam Ballinger are two of them

Reply #362644 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

haha

if thats true they have one guy with a busted back and another with a bad back and busted ankle

quality recruiting

Reply #362646 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Burston & Lewis are returning, not sure if they are two of the announcements though.

Cairns are looking at Tomlinson, but also looking at another known PG for the back up spot. Nothing has been signed yet though.

Like Tiger Watcher said, Anstey has been sniffing around the SEABL over the past few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised to see a kid called up from there (likely a PG/SG spot)

Reply #362647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballingers ankle is a serious concern. Anyone taking him on may not get him to play one game. On the other hand if he does recover it dould be a good outcome.

Reply #362648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaiah Omamogho

Reply #362649 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Names being spoken about are: Macdonald, Wilcher, Harms, Norton for the back up PG spot

Reply #362651 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wilcher is short, but he has been smashing the SEABL.

Reply #362655 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Iliadis name popped up as a possible signing today in discussions amongst a few people I have spoken to...I don't have anything concrete though.

Reply #362657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats interesting! Because a couple of us seen Ballinger TODAY at the footy ground doing a heap of sprinting and running drills with a running coach, looking far from injured!!!

Reply #362659 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Are you in MEL ? Or ADL ??

Reply #362661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am in Adelaide. He was at our footy club today. Nuff said.

Reply #362662 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

O.K. and thanks .

Reply #362663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it is true what has been stated tomlinson I am very excited.. He would be great to have in the nbl.. Has put in a hell of a lot of work over the years

Reply #362664 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

boti talks shit because he knows that the 6ers have not had a real effort at Ballinger.Mark this down it will be interesting read when the truth comes out about the the club

Reply #362669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Norton?

Reply #362670 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Norton is a QLDr and Australian junior rep...PG

Reply #362671 | Report this post

Thanks Binx for keeping us updated
Guessing it wasnt a 36ers endorsed trainer that was a the footy park with AB
or a 36ers doctor that he was listening to or or or

Reply #362672 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

you would think this may be a strategy to 'push' out Gleeson (who apparently no longer has a say in player recruitment); by signing sub-par players.

if above are true, the team already sound worse.

Reply #362674 | Report this post

KR  
Years ago

Norton is signed to Crocs for next season!

Reply #362676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Exactly. Mitch is with the Crocs. Where do people get these stupid ideas?

Reply #362693 | Report this post

hierachy81  
Years ago

If it were Balls going to Melbourne, Id be quite ok with that. Some players play great during their career, but some get better at other clubs and maybe Balls is one of them. Lets see, he has played at almost every club in Vic.

Reply #362695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti has said on twitter it looks like Ballinger to Melbourne, if true, thanks for the good things you have done for the 36ers, hopefully it turns out to be a win/win and both Ballinger and the 36ers will have more success next season.

Reply #362700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Kickert mention above turns out to be true, the Tigers could have a half decent team next year, looking something like

Kickert/Burston
Ballinger/Walker
Rush/Greer
Dorsey/Lewis
IMPORT/?? SEABL PG

Not spectacular on paper, but not shocking either, could be decent espcially if Kickert is a top Aussie, Ballinger, Rush, Dorsey find previous form and they get the import PG right and if they gel well and stay injury free could definatly be a playoff team, similar to how Cairns made the GF a couple of years ago.

Reply #362701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tomlinson is one

Reply #362702 | Report this post

BobbyO  
Years ago

If they are talkin about a SEABL/Big V Norton, it would be Liam Norton from Eltham who has been putting up good numbers this season.. was apart of the last championship winning tigers team!

Reply #362716 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

It is Norton from Big V i believe was being spoken about....I believe he has been in the conversation with the other SEABL Pg's (Harms, Macdonald, Masunda)

Guessing they probably just work them all out and see if they can get them on the cheap....all are a little older so i guess they might need more $$ than a returning college player but i think all would be capable of being a back up (-5 mins) or training bait to an import PG

Reply #362723 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I can tell you this much, the new signing (NBL virgin) is a young Aussie PG who just finished college (full 4 years)

Reply #362732 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Nat - if we're talking Div 1, it can only be Nate Tomlinson or Trian Iliadis (if we really consider Iliadis a PG).

Yes or no?

Reply #362744 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It would be very good to see Nate in the NBL this season, sure I'd love to have had him at the Kings, but with limited spots in their back court available, I'm glad that he's got the chance to play over here...

Currently still finishing up his classes like everyone else though?

Reply #362749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tiri masunda? Seriously

Reply #362763 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

What about Mitch Chapman, that if we could get him away from his fishing....

Reply #362767 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Haven't heard Champman mentioned but he can certainly play.

Interesting that at the aba level there is a number of "back-up"/"cheap" options at the PG/SG spot to support a the big $$ PG import.

Reply #362768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isnt Mitch Chapman an import?

Reply #362776 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Chapman is a local player at Frankston.You see him on IFISH sometimes as he works for Paul Worstling.

Reply #362778 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Age:

Tigers captain Tommy Greer, forwards Liam Rush and Lucas Walker, and import Ron Dorsey are all contracted for next season.
Said that Burston and Lewis were likely to be two of the four signed. Mentioned Ballinger as a rumour, and the rookie PG. Also said (again) that Myron Allen wasn't being offered anything. Nothing that others haven't mentioned already.

Reply #362788 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Just tweeted...

@ChrisAnstey13

G'day all @MelbTigersHQ fans. We're VERY close to 2 re-signings and 2 new signings, pretty much just waiting on @NBL approval. Announce ASAP

plus Nate Tomlinson tweeted something cryptic earlier...

Ready for this next challenge

Trigger just re-tweeted Jamar Wilson congratulating Brad Hill on the extension, which is yet to be announced?

Reply #362792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Wilcher lol? Getting shafted after his development season?

Reply #362810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tomlinson has finished his 4 years schooling.

Reply #362811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Development players get signed at the end of the main signings

Reply #362832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tomlinson will be a Tiger.

Reply #362905 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754