KET
Years ago

Wright, Tatalovich Not Guilty

The NBL has finalised its investigation into the on-court altercation involving the Perth Wildcats and Adelaide 36ers on February 14, 2014.

At a hearing this afternoon, an independent NBL judiciary found Adelaide Coach Joey Wright not guilty on the charge of Striking.

Perth Wildcats Assistant Coach Adam Tatalovich was found not guilty on the charges of Striking and the Use of Offensive Language.

Both clubs have been handed a $5,000 fine for a Code of Conduct breach. The sanction has been suspended for 12 months.

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/vafuhjgbe63010e3ych9o43q6

Topic #33811 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

This result is pretty damn funny.

Reply #459466 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Hysterical, simply hysterical.

Reply #459467 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Common sense. Nothing in it. I will be glad that I don't have to hear the Wildcat fans bang on about this anymore. Cannot wait to see us give them a hidding on 14/3

Reply #459469 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not guilty of striking?

Um so what was it then?

Thats like a court saying a man is not guilty of assault when they have evidence of an offender locking a guy on CCTV.

I don't get it.

Reply #459470 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

After the fiasco of the repeated delays, I don't think they had any choice but to dismiss all individual charges. So I guess its a good overall result, just handled poorly.

Reply #459471 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I think it is a good decision but I personally think the Perth Assistant coach got off lightly

Reply #459473 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

So both are not guilty, as was James Ennis.

Sanity prevails after all the BS.

Reply #459475 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@NBL Fan,

I am agog, that in all of this, Tats is the guy you think got off lightly.

Reply #459476 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Gotta say, after all the absurdities, happy with this result. Time to just move on.

Reply #459477 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I'm with Nathan, nothing to see here, move on. Wait until a couple of Fridays....

Reply #459479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weak.

Reply #459488 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I think it's the (W)right decision.................just a week late!

Reply #459495 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

MACDUB, you've got no idea just how often that happens..... Frustrating as hell..

Reply #459508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Both the Wildcats and the 36ers have been cleared of any wrong doing but both teams have been given $5,000 suspended fines. Try working that one out, but that's the NBL for you" Basil Zempalis (Sports Reporter) on 7 News Perth bagging the NBL for being a joke.

Reply #459510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK. That'll be the end of that then, No-one did anything to anyone, and anyone who says different knows nothing about anything.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/wright-then-thats-that/

Reply #459511 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No one did anything to anyone yet both clubs have been fined $5,000. What for? Its absolutely ridiculous to fine both clubs like that, its not as if they are rolling in money. If the NBL could not lay any charges, they could not have found any reason to penalize anybody. I hope both clubs appeal these fines, they are unfounded.

Reply #459513 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Yep i'm with Boti...

Reply #459514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bringing the game into disrepute will always get up. Ugly on TV and not needed. NBL already has no balls.

Reply #459515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC, both of the fines have been suspended for 12 months so if neither club breaches the code of conduct again in that period the suspended fines will disappear in 12 months time anyway.

Reply #459519 | Report this post

Years ago

really the entire thing was no worse than a bad fart at wedding reception table. Whilst highly undesirable - it happened, was not really the look we want, in the big picture hardly earth shattering.

Reply #459521 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Wow...so you can punch the opposition Asst. Coach, have it captured on video, have it captured on stills...and still get off.

What evidence is required to get a conviction?

What kind of message is Joey / the 36'ers / the NBL sending to the community, the juniors?

That this type of action is OK as he can get away with it?

Reply #459523 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

I can't believe Wright hasn't been jailed and/or at least publicly flogged in Perth's city square.

it's a outrage.

Reply #459526 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If only Russell Packer had of appeared before this panel.

Reply #459527 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

NBLol

Cats are the dirtiest team of the decade - take it on the chin.

Reply #459530 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

What a complete joke of a league - so both clubs breached the code of conduct but no individual did anything untoward. Another dent in the credibility of the NBL as a serious sporting competition in Australia.

Reply #459532 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Embarrassing for the NBL that it took 10 days for a unanimous not guilty finding.

Reply #459535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL is a joke.

anyone can do anything now and get away with it... wow the gloves will be off now. Watch out for hammer

Reply #459538 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

The clubs should fine the NBL for bringing the league into disrepute.

Reply #459541 | Report this post

Melbourne Wildcat  
Years ago

Personally i think the NBL got it right, if anyone thinks that the two coaches were guilty of striking, have another look, no more than a brush off from the Wildcat coach, and for mine Joey did nothing more than push the Wildcats coach, please my 10 yr old niece has hit me harder. Neither should have been even charged for striking.

So what we had was a push and shove from grown men and a bit of verbal abuse, the NBL gets next to no publicity,so any publicity is good publicity in my opinion. Plus guarantees Adelaide a sellout for next game between the two, that has to be a good thing.

Reply #459581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is what is wrong with our sport.

People just sweep things like this under the rug. It was highly unprofessional and the NBL looks worse by doing... NOTHING about it.

Stop justifying it and putting your own teams interest ahead of developing and maintaining a highly professional well run league and sport... at the moment we are no where near it... and the attitudes on here do not help at all!

Reply #459582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with 582 above.

One minute people are charged, next they're not, then someone else is, then nothing happened, then there are fines (suspended). What's the point and ... any publicity is good publicity = no league credibility.

Blind Freddy could see "something" happened.

Reply #459585 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I don't get why Tat was "cleared of striking" when that wasn't what he was charged with in the first place.

Reply #459586 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

The Tat charge never made sense to me.

Actually, most of this didn't.

NBL didn't exactly come out looking like a professional body.

Reply #459629 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

While only yesterday ch7 and ch9 news at 36ers training agen. Joey;'Be good to be outta the spotlight now. I couldn't even fish without someone saying something t' me....................We gonna play some defense against the hawks, this time.'

Reply #459703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754