Anonymous
Years ago

Boti on the NBL's future

A good read and good to see the doyen of Aussie basketball journalism back up and about too.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/new-ideas-and-recycled-ones-too/

Topic #34252 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

"*Unless a club's colours are white-and-whatever, let's be a colouful league and have clubs in alternate strips that reflect their colours."

Completely agree.

Adelaide: Blue, Yellow
Cairns: Orange, Black
Sydney: Purple, Gold
Townsville: Green, Blue, White
Melbourne: Red, Yellow
NZ: Black, Light blue
Perth: Black, Red
Wollongong: Red, Black

Reply #470127 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Cairns: Orange, Black"
Why black? Navy blue would make more sense.

"Melbourne: Red, Yellow"
Both clash with orange, though, so you'd need a third colour just for games in Cairns.

"Perth: Black, Red"
Wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the grey jerseys, personally.

Reply #470136 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Perth will never bring back the black jersey. They've spent too long marketing the "Red Army" and get 95% of the crowd into the stadium in red. They're never going to revert back to mostly black

Reply #470140 | Report this post

Poker  
Years ago

^^^ Black at away games....obviously.

Reply #470144 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

I love the black sixers jersey. Hate the yellow idea. Has to be colours people want to wear in my opinion as you want to be able to get free marketing.

Footy white away guernseys work as a lot of people actually prefer the white tops to the normal guernseys.

Reply #470186 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Footy white jerseys have more style to them

Reply #470188 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Seriously could t a guy with his experience and knowledge come up with some more creative ideas to improve the NBL?

Reply #470190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously, the NBL should get Project 34 onto the league payroll to work with all clubs to create jerseys for them. The league would look awesome. Although there is only so much one man can do if he had to work with Melbourne's current piece of shit logo...

http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/category/nbl/

Reply #470203 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I do agree with Boti's note of changing the year format to "2014" rather than "2013/14". I know its the most minor thing, however I personally find it easier to reference which team won the championship when it used to be done the old way before the league changed to summer and therefore introducing the "/" between years.

Anything to make the league sound easy to follow is probably the main aim with that reasoning.

Reply #470205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't that how it's done already? That's how I always see it.

Reply #470223 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Agreed on Project 34. Those jerseys he designs are worthy of major consideration.

Reply #470254 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Got to agree with Boti's comment about getting NBL TV and the NBL website (plus live stats) up to scratch.

I've continued to subscribe to NBL TV every year, to do my bit, but honestly its still got aways to go to be a professional product that will attract new interest in the league.

The website, while gradually improving, is still way too glitchy. The amount of times I load the home page to try to quickly check a result, only to find myself staring at the round 1 games, or the semi-final games when the grand final is on...

And is it too much to ask to get more easily digestible stats? Why do we have to flick between scoring summary, floor game, rebounding and fouls? Just have the whole lot on one page with an option for the viewer to look at the stats as 'per game' or 'totals'.

Reply #470266 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Website and lack of mobile version for a national league is a serious issue.

Reply #470276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't get Boti's point re: seasons. Wildcats are 2014 champions stemming from the 2013-14 season. LOL it's not even an issue if you play across two years the season is always referred to as that around the world. Weird comment to make.

Reply #470434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those Project34 jersey designs make the official ones look so amateurish. NBL seriously get onto this guy, look at the Wildcats project34 mockup it is super cool, unlike the real thing which is lame.

Reply #470436 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Really? The Project 34 version looks like what you'd get if you asked someone to make their current jersey more boring.

Reply #470445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #470668 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

I vote Project24 those jerseys be sweet

Reply #470725 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Besides the Perth and Sydney unis the others are not too flash

Reply #470726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754