Live stats
http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/12/12/54/94/79XZjLW2l1cG6/

Reply #491267 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

36ers up 51-40 at the half.
Mitch is looking sharp.
Montreal should be better with another
couple of days under his belt but looking ok.
Has some reach.

Reply #491269 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Montreal has just gone down.
Hope it's just cramp.
He was stretching the calf at half time.

Reply #491270 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Upper part of the leg.
Physio spent time and he's walking.
Getting sloppy on court.
6ers up 60-50. We'd be looking pretty
Ordinary without Mitch.

Reply #491272 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

65-61 at 3/4.
Pretty sloppy but the Japanese are hitting
their shots. We don't have a true big on and
they're taking advantage.
Sam Johns has done some heady stuff.
Best Dev player we've had for a while.
Very versatile.

Reply #491274 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Montreal back on.

Reply #491275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creeks pre season form is promising.. Surely he starts at SF this year

Reply #491276 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Up 86-75 with 3 to go.
Matt Lycett has done ok with his minutes.

Reply #491277 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Devo, how has Montreal looked in his minutes? not a huge stat line, he only played a few seconds in the 4th quarter is he ok?

Reply #491279 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

A scrappy 89-84 win without bigs in the end.

Reply #491280 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

He's looked ok and has good reach.
I'd say he's had limited time to prepare for today.
Add Peach and BJ to stiffen up the back court
And for the money spent they should be good.
Very impressed with Mitch. His numbers match
his on court efforts. I'd say Teys relegated to the
bench on hat I've seen.
Add a couple of seasoned guards and we'll compete.
Already renewed my season tickets a dim quietly
optimistic.

Reply #491286 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

What odds are the Sixers to make playoffs?

Reply #491287 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

good to hear Montreal and the team were looking good.

Im also optimistic about this team, i dont think we have downgraded as much as people think.

What position did Creek play?? SF?? PF?? I reckon him and Montreal would be fairly interchangable in the sf/pf spots wouldnt they??

I reckon a 8 man rotation of

Petrie
Creek
Montreal
Gibson
Wilson

Schenscher
Teys
Crawford

is pretty good and competitive with most teams in the league.

Reply #491288 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree Jono.

Reply #491290 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think they might surprise a few people.If they can get wins early while teams are adjusting to new personnel they would be a good chance to make the playoffs.It seems like there happy to slip under the radar at the moment while most clubs are out there blowing there horn.

Reply #491293 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Teys ran the floor for much of the night.
Really missed a starting guard.
Mitch played mostly SF and was penetrating well.
Pull up jump shot also worked.
Montreal only had a small amout of time after being treated.
Was back on the floor with a physio and then sat on the bench.
Looked good in the shoot around hitting from outside often.
Had a dunk competition with Mitch in the warm up and held his own.
Peach travelled but hasn't suited yet.
They missed him tonight.
We'll see how they fare on Thursday.

Reply #491294 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Cool, thanks for the info about the game Devo, greatly appreciated,

good to hear some positive talk about the 6ers, i cant wait for the season to start!!

Reply #491295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell them their dreaming!!!

Reply #491302 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Happy Days, I think a couple of other teams have retained enough of their core to get that same start (theoretically). Look at Perth - swapping an import but keeping most of the rest intact. And Wollongong have lost Martin but kept their starters 3-5 in place and brought back a key player who's already worked in their system.

But I do agree otherwise and suspect this 36ers team could punch above their weight with sensible players and good chemistry. But if two-thirds of the new imports around the league are as advertised, then it's going to be a tough year to get ahead.

Reply #491303 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Mitch is impressive. He is our current offensive weapon and is definitely an excellent fit for our 3 spot. Not only has he been explosive in these two games, he has been controlled in how he goes about it.

Teys stuck in the 1 spot for this tour. Looked tired near the end of the game, but spent most o&g the game today trying to get DQ in position for our sets.

PC played ok. He adds another option in offense and often found himself open in a lot of space. The group is yet to really foster his talent, but next 3 weeks will be good for the majority of the team.

Sam is actually safe with the ball. Should get minutes throughout the year near the end of quarters. Hard worker on both ends.

Big Luke 50% improvement on his good form last year. More likely to score now in the low block, reminiscent of his original stint at Adelaide. Good work Joey for keeping him around the 20 min games, we can't afford to injure him.

DQ is not worth considering given he just flew in, but will be worth a look Thursday night. Played a bit SEABL soft, but once BJ and Peach smack him around at training, it should be good.

Japan played surprisingly well considering they lack physical fitness and strength when compared with us. They got good ball movement when they had 3 guards on in which our defence broke down. Nice Asian style shooting clinic with 2&3 spot pure shooters running hard for 3 minutes then subbing out for a similar speed player.

Overall we got the W. I think we are falling apart in the third, then getting our shit together and getting back on top. Problem is Skip isn't here to play Moscow whilst our foot is on their throats. Hence the other team are not aware that we already have the game in the bag, and they should just accept it.

Hopefully Moscow in the 3rd Qtr this Thursday and a big strong sixes finish.

Reply #491304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say he's had limited time to prepare for today.
Nothing to prepare for at all. If he cramping now and needs to adjust that could be an issue.
He's in the peak form now with their finals season over. next level and will need to adjust quickly.

Reply #491305 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac's point that although we can try to get excited about the Sixers' form, it will be hard to compare against the calibre of imports expected to star for some of the other teams.

If the Sixers don't make finals this season, many fans that climbed onboard after last season will jump off the wagon. Difficult to understand how that translates to building for the long term survival of the club??

Happy to be proven wrong!

Reply #491306 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

DQ had trained hard all week and then played against Geelong getting smashed around on the floor on Sunday.. So to then fly wherever, train? and then play on the Wednesday I'd say is a fair strain on the body. He'll be fine during the season. Just with SEABL finals they've been absolutely flogged with physical time and no doubt are a little tired

Reply #491394 | Report this post

Molten  
Years ago

BJ & Gibbo coming back off the world cup will lift their game even if limited minutes, they will be pumped and exposed to some great training and have a little more up their sleeves.. We may just get a surprise like last year...

In Joey we trust - surprise us he will - Our Basketball Yoda

Reply #491401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So half or more of the league are signing up stud imports from the NBA Draft etc. yet we get Jamar who was erratic at Cairns and now a SEABL guy. bye bye last seasons momentum

Reply #491487 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Gibbo playing impressive D in the World Cup. Could give Damien Martin a nudge for DPOY.

Reply #491669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754