Anonymous
Years ago

The F***king Flopping in the Nbl

Unfuckingbelievable!!! The United will win the NBL Finals if the game is called like this.

Topic #38418 | Report this topic

Langers  
Years ago

Can't believe they called USF on that. Goulding is a great player but my goodness he flops.

Reply #562643 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Shit call cost Breakers. Not a unsportsmanlike.

Reply #562689 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I agree...Breakers copped the pineapple this afternoon.Unsportsmanlike please!!!

Reply #562709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how many comments here from accredited refs? ZERO.

Reply #562714 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Well to be fair anon, the refs this year are reffing like they are unaccredited.

Reply #562738 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

What is the criteria for unsportsmanlike? I understand something about not going for the ball, excessively rough and open lane to the hoop type scenario, but how does an off the ball push off qualify for uslf?

Reply #562761 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Dead ball foul in the final two minutes.

Reply #562762 | Report this post

It was a dead ball for about a tenth of a second. Common sense should have prevailed.

Reply #562764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBA final 2 minute rule is only against the defensive team, not the offensive team. The 2 fouls would have cancelled each other out.

Reply #562765 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It was a dead ball for about a tenth of a second. Common sense should have prevailed.
It should have, but the question was by what criteria it could have been called an unsportsmanlike.

The NBA final 2 minute rule is only against the defensive team, not the offensive team. The 2 fouls would have cancelled each other out.
This isn't the NBA.

Reply #562766 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Thanks koberulz, I guess technically correct call then. You would have thought that rule was meant to apply in an in bounding the ball situation, not when two fouls happen almost simultaneously. Seems a bit ridiculous with the game on the line.

Reply #562770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Read the fiba laws. Specifically 37.1.1 . Anot unsportsmanlike foul on a dead ball is only when the ball is still in the hands of the official or in bounding player. Also can only be committed by the defensive team.

Reply #562772 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, I think that was one of the ones that changed last year. Forgot about the change.

Reply #562775 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The refs should be allowed to use common sense discretion in that situation. It was "dead ball" by literally a tenth of a second.

Reply #562824 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They are allowed to, and the dead ball rule didn't apply anyway. They just screwed NZ, completely contrary to the rules, because:
1. They felt like it.
2. They have no idea how to officiate basketball or what the rules are.
3. The league is set up for Melbourne to win.

I have no idea which of those three options is the least bad, but none of them are good.

Reply #562826 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

What really annoys me is that all three refs knew a wrong call was made but didn't change it (could they have rescinded it?), yet they didn't try to make up for it by calling the fouls simultaneous. That's all it would have taken!

Also, who was the old bloke the referees consulted about the unsportsmanlike rule technicality? A ref briefed Vickerman on the decision, Vickerman then told the ref that he better take this time and get the call right, so the ref then went over to the score bench to talk to this guy. Who was he?

Reply #562827 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is this the foul where Goulding had his arm around Webster and then flopped? But Majok had rushed the Breaker in the meantime?

What were the calls on that play?

Reply #562844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only possible unsportsmanlike foul that could have occurred was Goulding holding Webster prior to the inbound. Absolutely nothing else couldo be on that play. If they can spend 5 minutes talking about it why can't they look at the rules?

Reply #562846 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Or Kickert holding TeRangi. As equally unsportsmanlike but not even mentioned because TeRangi didn't flop.

Reply #562850 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Flopping works!

Players do what they can to win. It is what we expect of them.

Ref's have to make the calls.

Have to hope players with a rep as a flopper will eventually cost their team in big games as ref's decide not to call fouls for players they have come to beleive have fooled them in the past.

Reply #562903 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

and as Dr Phil says, How is that flopping working for you Chris... MMMMmmmmm Europe, nope too many issues and sent packing….. US, nope sent packing… Thinks he is king of the castle here in Aus but we are not fooled. Be prepared Chris for the biggest roasting in NBL history on your road run

Reply #562915 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They just need to bring in and enforce video reviews of any flops and it will gradually be removed from the game.

Reply #562958 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I agree Isaac, if they are able to spend two minutes and still stuff up their decisions, surely they can spend 30 seconds to review a possible flop call/charge call to get it...........errr, right?

Reply #562971 | Report this post

I think Isaac maybe meant post game, not during it.

Reply #562972 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Even in that case, it may reduce the number of flops over time but it wouldn't change an outcome. Still, something needs to happen if we are to see more consistent calling, so yeah let's try it...

Reply #562975 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

The refs were consistent.
When it gets close be prepared for a "Kirston Call" to assist Melbourne, it happened v Sixers and on other occasions.

It's best to keep on side with the NBL's owner

Reply #563015 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah- video review will reduce it.

Question just becomes: What is an appropriate penalty?

Reply #563016 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754