HO
Years ago

Big V Origin Series

This series seems odd to me:

- is it a series or just two games (men and women)
- selection is really weird, I understand the following to really mean you origin doesn't matter

"The two teams, Metro and Country, represent the origins in which players were born within Australia or the current club they represent as an unrestricted player in the competition."

Is a player from NSW able to represent Country Victoria? Is a player from Country Vic able to represent Metro because they now play for a Metro club? If so, what is the point of the origin title?

and finally, please correct me if I am wrong, but the Melton (Metro) men's coach coaching the Country Vic women?

Topic #39379 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a well thought out format.

Interest for the game was poor with players refusing to play during a mid season break and clubs not wanting any players getting injured in a nothing game.

I hear they begged some players to play in it and after giving the clubs the opportunity to nominate players with little response, sent an email out to all players asking for players nominate themselves for the game.

Reply #587412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will find that Melton is now deemed to be VIC COUNTRY after a revision of the State borders by Basketball Victoria.

Reply #587413 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Valid questions HO!

I knew nothing about it until a couple of locals were selected, so to speak.

Games to be held in Shepparton I believe, so no I probably won't make it, but I guess it does promote basketball in that country area...

Can't recall this concept last year, maybe I missed it, or rather I didn't!

Promotional failure, also something the players obviously care little about, generally speaking that is.

Reply #587414 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

@587413,

Really? Melton is country? I believe you just seems odd.

But am I correct that the Melton men's coach is coaching the country women?

Reply #587419 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Meanwhile the WASBL seems to be going really well with their ASG promo. I like what I've seen from it online anyway.

Reply #587425 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Why are there all these adds covering posts Isaac, so annoying?

Reply #587492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melton Men's assistant coach is coaching the Country Womens team in the origin series !!

Reply #587544 | Report this post

Hoopster 65  
Years ago

Julie McCallum is coaching the womens side. She was head coach of the Melton mens team last year - assistant coach this year.

Reply #587567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And since when has diamonvallet been Vic country, they have a WA player representing them???

And coburg, with a metro player, agree makes no sense
What about southern pen and Traralgon ( both Vic country associations, plus Ballarat, how come no players from those teams?

Reply #587649 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:14 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754