Mr Green
Years ago

Spalding instead of Molten in Victoria?

Been hearing that molten is no longer the preferred game ball in Victoria.

Is it true that Basketball Victoria are switching the game ball over to Spalding?

Topic #44125 | Report this topic

Senator11  
Years ago

Molten was trash, we got rid of those years ago in WA. Spalding much better, but the Wilson NBL balls are the best I reckon.

Reply #710766 | Report this post

Sunset Sam  
Years ago

There is nothing wrong with Molten basketballs...

Reply #710771 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

nothing wrong with any of the balls...Molten, Spalding and Wilson are all good.

Reply #710776 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

The fact that a whole stadium was unhappy with Molten balls and they got ditched within a few years of using them says something, much prefer anything else.

Reply #710781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molten is gone. Contract not renewed. Spalding it is.

Reply #710782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's always a revolving door. Molten today, Spalding etc. it's always about who ever has the best offer at the time. Nothing to see here, move on.

Reply #710784 | Report this post

All balls are good - if it's the only thing you use.

That said. Love the NBL wilson balls (same ones that are used in the NCAA I believe).

The new legacy spalading TF1000s are not as good as the OG TF1000s.

Molten's seem a bit lost now. There was a time when every man and the their dog had the GF7 synthetic ball. But now Molten has all different types, I don't know which is the top shelf model.

I also bought an NBA game ball for shits and giggles, after hearing from many people they dont' like them. The word is you really need to wear them in for a while before they come good.

All balls are different I guess, the NBL Wilsons straight out of the box are the nicest to play with.

Reply #710788 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

My boys have used them all, seems true that they will change if the brand changes and go with what feels good in the hand but also what is being used at the highest elevels (most popular) has its influence...

Reply #710818 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Love the new harder orange moltens. Don't change

Reply #710828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the juniors playing with in WA? Isn't it the T500? They are awful basketballs vs. the Moltens in use.

Reply #710832 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

There is nothing worse than Molten balls!

It is very painful.

Reply #710880 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Do we have Spalding employees in this thread?

All manufacturers make good ball, but in SA the Spalding balls used for competition here are terrible. The GF Molten days were a lot better.

Reply #710984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spalding < Molten < Wilson

Reply #711263 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Which particular Spalding ball will be used in the Elite comp and other senior divisions?

Reply #712573 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754