CT
Years ago

reproduction jerseys

so what's the go with all the reproduction jerseys that are popping up on ebay at the moment? are these even licenced or is it someone who's got access to a dye sublimation printer and is knocking off small batches of jerseys that will sell?

this is the kind of thing I'm talking about but plenty more on the same ebay site:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bill-Jones-1986-Invincibles-Adelaide-36ers-Replica-NBL-Jersey-XL-/273631646447?nav=SEARCH

Topic #44579 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its reproduction and worth what ever you want to pay. Waste of money.

Reply #726158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dude near the Good Coast selling them.

Bought one jersey a few months ago. Looked ok in photos but nuances are apparent when in hand and the material is paper thin.

Gets around the majority of NBL knock offs as the teams are defunct. Definitely not licensed and I'm sure the NBA would be bemused to see that side of things being sold lol.

Buyer beware, y’all been warned.

Reply #726161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see these retros about though. Why do they look better than the current nbl uniforms.

Reply #726168 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Anyone bought the shorts? The Fiddes originals from back in the mid 90s were so comfortable to wear around the house. Random I know but I'm old school and I see a Magic and Tigers one for sale exactly like the design of my old Cats pair. Although knockoff would mean different material and different feel?

Reply #726170 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Just found them.

The location is listed as Mudgeeraba, which is on the Gold Coas, not near it. Mudgeeraba has some commercial/ light industrial areas, but it's mostly houses on individual blocks. Plenty of space for a fancy printer.

If there are legal/ copyright issues with them, he has left a trail of evidence.

I might ask if he does local pickup, and see the response.

Reply #726177 | Report this post

Just some bloke  
Years ago

More than likely Better quality than the first ever crap......

Reply #726179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting business model to sell this year's official NBL jerseys, for $40 more than what they are from the NBL store...

Reply #726187 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

^ my thoughts exactly.

some of the defunct team jerseys are really nice, not interested if the quality's not so great though.

Reply #726457 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Just had a look, Tiny Pinder jersey with Emu Export logo... :O

Reply #726482 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754