Anon
Years ago

SEM sign Keith Benson

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/south-east-melbourne-phoenix-sign-bigman-keith-benson-sources/news-story/f261ed0771da4e515ed330b294cdfe33

Topic #45608 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The South East Melbourne roster is officially complete with the signing of import centre Keith Benson.

Benson played college basketball for Oakland University before being drafted by the Atlanta Hawks with the 48th overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft.

He has since played in Italy, Philippines, Belarus, China, Lithuania, Estonia and the NBA Development League.

Phoenix head coach Simon Mitchell is excited about what Benson brings to the team and the league.

Reply #753539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He looks ok. I don't think he’s the big news

Reply #753540 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Did they end up signing Prather? Or did was that just a rumour?

Reply #753542 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

So here's the squad. Solid starting 5. I am sure a few of the bench guys will play multiple positions.

*Roberson / Adnam
Madgen / Gibson / **Armstrong
Creek / Stephens
*Wesley / Trist
*Benson / Pineau / Acuoth

Reply #753543 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Very solid starters but I think the bench is even weaker than it looks, which is an issue. I'm really not sure anyone on that bench apart from Gibson is a solid minutes rotation player.

Reply #753545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Santamaria
@Liam_Santa
·
1h
That completes SEM's fully-contracted roster for their inaugural season.

PG: Roberson |
@KyleAdnam

SG:
@iMadgen01
|
@adamgibson_1

SF: Creek | Stephens |
@TerryTerry25

PF:
@twes42
|
@DanePineau

C:
@RealKITO
|
@dtrist1992
| Acouth

Reply #753546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Santamaria
@Liam_Santa
·
1h
Benson is a 6'11 centre with plenty of international experience. He blocks shots, rebounds, has good feet and can get up and down the floor.

Last played in the German Bundesliga where he was top 5 in both rebs and blks. Good get.

Reply #753548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Santamaria
@Liam_Santa
One thing I like about
@SEMelbPhoenix
's inaugural roster is it’s combination of balance and versatility. At all five spots they’ve got at least three guys who can genuinely play mins without feeling 'out of position.

Reply #753549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously.....show me a new import in to the league who isn't a 'good get'. If they were all 'good gets' none would ever get sacked, which we all know is not the case.

Reply #753551 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gibson and Adnam are legitimate rotation guys, but big question marks over Stephens/Pineau/Trist/Accouth. It's a real shallow frontcourt. As a Kings' fan I loved Pineau's hustle, but his lack of offensive ability and slight build/lack of length are limiting everywhere else. If Benson can't adjust to the way the NBL is called re: bigs in the paint, their size is really going to be tested.

Reply #753552 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Back up bigs don't look good but roster ok in 1-3 spots.
Wondering how Stephens and Armstrong will go.

Reply #753554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DPs will be interesting.

Reply #753556 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Did they end up signing Prather? Or did was that just a rumour?

Prather has returned to Melbourne United.

Reply #753594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754