Isaac
Years ago

Kouat Noi out up to 12 weeks with PCL tear

Taipans on Twitter:

Kouat Noi has been ruled out for up to 12 weeks, due to a PCL tear sustained in Round 10.

Topic #48272 | Report this topic

So many injured players this year :(

Reply #839123 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

No good for him or Cairns. With Majok Deng already out.

Reply #839127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best thing would be to bring college seniors in now.

Reply #839131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a loss, lately it’s looked like Kelly was trying to get him more defensive minded, his seasons so far has been average. Imo the long lay off could be contributing to the injuries, most players had more than twelve months off.

Reply #839133 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

When s Deng back?

Things could go from bad to really ugly for Cairns, with 3 games upcoming vs United with Hopson and White soon to return

Reply #839137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure he slipped on wet patch that king's player left when he fell and floor wipers failed to mop up effectively or at all. And was right in front of Kelly.
Surely refs have duty of care to ensure playing surface is dry. Mind you, in South Australia most stadiums leak, yet most play.
But didn't Sean Rehn and others sue AFL over unsafe surface in centre bounce. Noi could say his NBA dream was taken away by this injury, and yes, I know this wouldn't be main reason he doesn't make NBA, but might be proveable in court.

Reply #839139 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

To many injured bec they play so many games with two import...with two import and less pay they need play 28 games not 36...

Reply #839140 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Damn, that sucks for him & for the snakes.

But mostly it sucks for me because I enjoy watching him play. Why are the injury gods so cruel to me?

Reply #839141 | Report this post

EssenX  
Years ago

Maybe he can watch some tape and learn how to play defence? He's a talented offensive player, but I don't think he could defend my grandmother.

"Imo the long lay off could be contributing to the injuries, most players had more than twelve months off."

Conditioning is a problem.

Reply #839144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it hadn't been for Kouat Noi Joe, I'd been married a long time ago.

Reply #839146 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Wishing him the speediest recovery, it's not right for his season to end like this.

I wonder how Cairns will go from here.

The offence seems to often stall when the ball is with Noi.

Reply #839172 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Correct on most counts, but probs not in court of law. That said, onus of proof in employment law is "on the balance of probabilities".

Yes, the umpires have a duty of care re player safety and playing conditions (of facilities). Legally though, the umpires' employer (NBL prob) would hold ultimate liability (unless buck stops with Cairns club).

Longer lay-off relates directly to conditioning. Even if general fitness is diligently done by players in off-season, it’s the sudden changes of direction and “power movements” that cause knee/ankle etc injuries. You don’t get that outside of games/ simulations of games in scrimmages.

Reply #839178 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754