Anonymous
Years ago

Golden State Warriors thinking about calling up Jessup

Warriors GM Bob Myers:

"We've looked at our player in Australia, we talked about potential buy-out guys... we will look at those things and make a decision, I think, in the next week or so."

“We talked about that a little bit yesterday and a lot of things would have to align,” Myers explained.

“Not having talked to him or his agent personally, needing to know what they want. Also considering his development. Is he going to continue to develop better there or here? It’s a question.

“It’s something you put up on the whiteboard and everyone gets a say in it - his representation, he would – and then you make the best call.”

“It’s one of the things we’re looking at,” Myers added.

“It’s not the only thing, it’s one of many things. We’ll get clarity on that in the next couple of weeks.”

https://nbl.com.au/news/warriors-considering-calling-up-jessup

Topic #48276 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might as well go the Hawks are falling to bits.

Reply #839164 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Musta seen his first quarter, last nite, where it looked like he was gonna get fifty

Reply #839165 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Fifty or fiddy?

Reply #839166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the Hawks possibly down a player and having 3 games in six days due to the overloaded draw.

Grida back would be nice but doubtful.

Reply #839167 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I hope he gets picked up by the Warriors.

He can clearly play.

Will be good for the NBL to be paid out for him too.

The Hawks would still be in the playoff standings if all Adel's shots were taken by JJ.

Reply #839168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All PR imo. Good luck to him but don't see it.

Reply #839171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The G league is finished so he would ride the pine.

Reply #839175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see it happening this year to be honest. They have two two way players who they can upgrade to a full contract

Reply #839177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Santa in the coverage talked about Landale and Mooney were in nba eyes, I understood it for this season, now that could upset the Perth march.

Reply #839219 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Not convinced Landale is NBA caliber.

Reply #839230 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Jessup would be ideal as a spot up shooter in the nba. Would get lots of open looks.

Reply #839265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of terrible backup bigs in nba that Landale is better than.

Reply #839266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale isn't in the nbl top two bigs, Mooney and Iverson take that honour.

Reply #839270 | Report this post

Hawk head  
Years ago

Not too worried about this happening. Nothing that GSW said would indicate they're likely to take JJ back. Sure, it's newsworthy because they've mentioned him, but I'd say they'll decide he is better off seeing out the season in the NBL.

Reply #839272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#270 delusional

Reply #839274 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I would take Humphries over Landale but not Iverson though.

Reply #839279 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Iverson is the only player over 6.7 on the breakers who gets on the court. Surely he should get 20 rebounds, not sure what all the fuss is about

Reply #839315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think whether Landale is NBA-calibre or not depends on whether he wants to play the NBA role available to him. You look at a guy like Baynes who has just done whatever's asked of him, some of it typical grunt-work that he's comfortable with but also the shooting that he probably never expected to need to work on. To me, a lot of the 'next gen' Aussies lack the gritty underdog mentality of Mills, Delly, Baynes etc. Landale, Humphries, Bolden, WMW, and I'm sure there are others, but all seem completely convinced of their own excellence without having proven anything.

Jessup looks good but I hope the Warriors talk is just PR for now. Kerr does run a deep bench so I do think he'd get some chances, but would be a shame for the Hawks to crash out and take most of the playoff race intrigue along with them.

Reply #839353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Backup bigs in the NBA are dime a dozen. And they're there mainly to protect the rim, not be scorers unless excellent pick and pop. Don't think Landale has that ability. As mentioned, bigs like Bogut, Baynes, Jawai and someone like Bairstow were in league to be bangers and their basketball IQ.

Reply #839363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale isn't as big as those othe players, Bogut, Baynes are 7ft plus and big, Jawai is shorter but a massive unit.

Reply #839378 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Landale's taller than Baynes.

Reply #839379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes 208
Landale 211

Nice fact checking champ

Reply #839385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale had his mums high heals on that day.

Reply #839428 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754