Scout
Years ago

Weeks and NZ part ways

https://www.nzbreakers.basketball/news/breakers-say-goodbye-to-agent-97

Understand some don't rate him, I do. Plays with energy may have slowed down a bit. The last game I watched him play he turned it over a couple of times.

Interested in where he may end up

Topic #48434 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leafa backup next year.

Kenny lose his spot to Dufelmeier next year also,

Reply #845862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'll end up in nznbl and then men’s A grade somewhere, had a good career for a player limited to shooting only.

Reply #845863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeks to Perth confirmed

Reply #845865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it because Tai is now back and they have WMW that Weeks is being released?

Reply #845866 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Weeks goes but Trist stays? *shrug emoticon*

Weeks obvs not playing, but by leaving he can go get a decent paying gig on an NBL 1 team, if he wants. His services would be at a premium with imports not being flown in this season.

Reply #845869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

862 While I would love to see Le'Afa at the Breakers I think he is on quite a few teams radar, would be surprised to see him still on the Development Contract next year.

I still think Weeks has some playing time in NBL1 and NZNBL as others have mentioned.

Could also squeeze in to an 11 spot in an NBL team next year but only time will tell.

Reply #845871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sad to see him go as I was excited when he signed with the Breakers. But he has regressed substantially this year and you could see in the last game he has lost a lot of confidence, not only in his shooting but also his penetration and decision making. I think he’ll still play for another few years in NZ NBL and NBL1, but this may be the end of his NBL road as there’s a few good local guards like Dufelmeier and Le’afa coming through.

Reply #845878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers really missed Le'afa and Wetzell. I don’t think they’ll ever get Le’afa back as I feel he may feel snubbed and probably has a strong connection with Flavell. Interesting decision for SEM because Adnam was so good earlier this year but Le’afa is a serious long term 2-way player in this league.

Reply #845879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Webster1/Leafa1-2
Randolph2-3//Webster2-1/Bach2
Abercrombie3/Gapare(ns)3-4
Delaney4-3/Galloway4-5
Iverson5/Salt5

Gapare becomes ns after dropping college
Murray- college and wmw and Loe leave to other teams.
Weeks and trist cut.
Davidson and another as DPs.

Reply #845884 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Rob Loe has 2 more seasons at NZ after this one.

Reply #845887 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Anon. Is Randolph actually any good. Looks to me that he is an inconsistent to poor outside shooter, has poor iq and mainly heads to his domi ant hand for his mid range game. Turns it over a lot as well. Not sure I would consider bringing him back if I were the Breakers.

Reply #845888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randoplh has been inconsistent so far hes been great and average. I am interested to see how he works with a dedicated point guard like Tai.

Reply #845895 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

His good games have generally consisted of a few drives to the basket and pull up short jump shots. Mostly going to his right hand. His outside shot misses by a lot at time. Similar to WMW and Tai. That shows me he will be unlikely to become a consistent outside threat. Not seen his so called defensive credentials either. Could be wrong but looks like another guy who built his reputation on shit G league defense which you don't find in the nbl*. *unless you are playing Adelaide.

Reply #845897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's amazing how Heal been talking him up recently, never let the truth get in the way of a buck or two.

Reply #845898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeks is good enough to be a back up guard in the league - especially with an extra team in the league next season

Reply #845899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#899 in your opinion, I think there are better younger options coming through the ranks.

Reply #845900 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Gapare? Dontae russo Nance? Next star?

Just saying

Reply #845906 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Leafa and Ili, both missed opportunities.

I liked weeks, he gave a lot to nz bball.

But as a shot first point guard, he is never going to win many games. So, yes, the right move.

Reply #845907 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Weeks is better than Gets, Mud and Dillon.

Reply #845908 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Weeks was serviceable but I see him retiring along with the likes of Barlow, Kickert, Jervis (again), K White (Hopefully), Teys, Dillon and Newley?

Teams need more youth.

Reply #845910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley has an extra year in him, the others should be gone.

Reply #845911 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

For a scrub he did quite well and will always have fond memories of the time he was a cult favourite as Agent 97 in Wollongong.

Reply #845913 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Barlow & Newley have shown enough to warrant playing on next season and in Barlow's case they'll likely need him to play on with Jack White likely out all of next season too but the others including Weeks should retire.

As Ben said he was probably released early so he can secure a better NBL1 contract now than he would've gotten after the Breakers season ended.

Reply #845914 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Loe / Salt
Delany / Galloway / Gapare (NS)
Hopson* / Abercrombie
C.Webster / Bach
Import* / Le'afa

I mean.. its not bad for 2021-22?

Reply #845927 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Be a brave decn to have a loe salt frontline. Probably end up playing 50% of games without both of them

Reply #845937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You think tai leaves?

Reply #845938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopson hated it there.

Reply #845939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

T,Webster-Leafa
C,Webster-Bach
SG local
Import-Abercrombie
Gapare(ns)
Delaney-Galloway
Import-Loe

Salt to tassie

Reply #845943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Dillon and Kevin White were able to get contracts for this year, Weeks should get one for next year. To be honest I haven't seen heaps of him this season, but seems to do his job and is reliable.
It normally takes a few years for young point guards to become dependable. If you had the choice for signing someone for one year and they're gone after for whatever reason, who would you take from this year's play, Weeks or Isaac White? Not based on potential, based on actual performance from this year? I'd go with Weeks every time.
Something about the breakers has been iffy for a while. This seems another part of it.

Reply #845946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For all Kevin White detractors, he's very good at something Weeks isn’t, playing D.

Reply #845952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Russo-Nance next year? He's 15 isn’t he?

Reply #846027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gapare's physicals and athleticism is amazing. But now way he can be a NS and contribute in the NBL right now. He’s still too raw unless someone brings him onboard as a 2-year project. Good breakdown of his game here: https://youtu.be/gH12EirQQQY

Reply #846037 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Russo Nance is 16.

Reply #846038 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

I'd go for Timmins over Salt.

Was poorly utilized at the showdown.

Reply #846044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could Jayden Bezzant be a DP somewhere in the NBL?

Reply #846049 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

I've only seen bezzant play once, so not best person to comment.

I think like many players he just needed an opportunity to shine. Someone to believe in him.

He certainly equipped himself well in a nznbl where players of comparable output have gone on and played well in anbl (kendle, terangi, gliddon).

And done well against guys like Leafa, kenny, ngatai, taylor britt last year.

There would be little difference between him and weeks, white... Except perhaps opportunity and experience that comes with that.

I have no idea what he is like in the locker room.

Having said all that, He's 25 next year. A bit old for a DP.

Reply #846062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When he was is Cairns he walked out of a takeaway with my friend's karaagi. Fuck that guy.

Reply #846074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All ns are for 2 years. Gapare will get exp year one and probably backup year 2.

Same with king.

Reply #846075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

02 Giddey, king 20/21
03 Daniels, gapare 21/22
04 proctor 22/23
05 nance 23/24 Nbl season eligible.

Reply #846076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Nance really that good?

Reply #846087 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #846089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How tall is Nance? Seen him listed as 6'3" but he doesn’t look very big. He can certainly shoot it, haven’t seen anyone shoot off the dribble so well as a junior since Corey Webster.

Reply #846107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Signed with Sydney

Reply #846718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good pickup for Sydney considering the injuries they have

Reply #846727 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Years ago

LOL @ Weeks taking a karaage. Watch out Sydneysiders.

Reply #846732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not certain it's a good pick up but kings had to find a guard due to loss of guards. Hopefully he just concentrates on D and pass first mentality.

Reply #846734 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Years ago

Weeks will be pretty sick in Sydney. He throws down dunks on the reg and plays pretty hard. He might not D up the best players but give him a break.

Reply #846736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They don't need him throwing down dunks, they need him to play some D. Defence wins big games, not dunk contests.

Reply #846737 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754