Topic #48477 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ditch Froling now, get motum.

Reply #847604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, probs minimum contract.

Ty is ok as a big playing spot minutes off the bench. Doesn't have the speed, shooting or general nous to be trusted on the court during crunch time though.

Would love Motum, but not sure where the chatter is coming from. He'd still be primed for decent Euro $$$, far better than what the cheapskate Bullets would be inclined paying.

Reply #847605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Import/cadee/Wigness
Sobey/Krebs
Law(i)/Drmic
Motum/local pf
Import/hodgson/Harrison

Reply #847608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Motum has already signed in France for next season, Nanterre. He's still good enough to get better money in Europe.

Good luck to Tyrell, this is a good signing and he probably got a pay rise. 90k Mark imo.

Reply #847612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much $?

Reply #847628 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Motum lolllllll

Reply #847636 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think the Bullets are going to be in a lot of trouble over the next few years. Losing an A grade coach like Lemanis, who despite his faults brings players in on name alone. The Magnay situation wasn't too flash, Patterson's not the player he was and if Sobey decides to leave the club will probably be on the precipice.

Reply #847638 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The precipice of what?

Reply #847639 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Oblivion.

Reply #847640 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If you mean not existing, I doubt that'll happen any time soon. Their existence was a requirement of Fox signing on back in 2016, and they'd still be a key part of TV negotiations going forward.

Reply #847643 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Maybe of just being no good?

Where does Sobey go? Cairns? SEM?

Reply #847659 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I think Brisbane will be fine.

They have demonstrated an ability to source talent (local and import) in recent years, examples being :

- Hodgson.
- Gliddon.
- Sobey.
- I'll leave out Cadee.
- Drmic.
- I'll leave out Froling.
- Wigness.
- Patterson.
- Law.

Reply #847665 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

More than half those players signed because of who was the coach. He's gone at the end of the season. You can't ever build your team on imports they can be gone at any moment i.e. Cam Oliver. That leaves Wigness who is barely NBL quality.

Reply #847671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously speaking, who has Andrew recruited that you'd actually want on your team? Sobey. Then who?.

I’ll tell you who he didn’t recruited. McCarron. Twice. Boy wanted to be in Brisbane so bad but Dre ballsed both times.

Reply #847683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarron could be a good get next season, he's played with Henare at United when he was an assistant. Now there is a good back court, McCarron and Sobey.

Reply #847687 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Because the Bullets are going to make McCarron a better offer than United?

Reply #847689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, money might be a problem.

Reply #847693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players signed because of coach was because he was national head coach and were probably made promises. Dodgy as.

Reply #847722 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Brisbane couldn't afford McCarron at the time he came off contract with Cairns. According to his agent he was one of the five highest paid players in the league after the deal.

Reply #847727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarron approached Brisbane after Cairns tenure. All he was offered was Te Rangi money and no explanation of how he might fit in to the team. Off to Melbourne he went.

Reply #847762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarron was going to sign in Lithuania, Melbourne made him an offer to good to refuse, smart move, though he hasn't helped win a title yet.

Reply #847771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Literally, nobody so far was even close to guessing amounts etc. for context, Tyrell is very young, and has only been playing 4 years or so. Huge improvements made, and massive upside to him.

Reply #847808 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

He did well when Hodgson was out at the start of the season, didn't he? Pretty sure he was significantly mroe impressive than Froling, but I could be remembering wrong... A good upside and lots of growth ahead of him, I just hope he read his contract and got the Bullets management to initial a few certain spots just to emphasise their acceptance of terms...

Reply #847809 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Literally, nobody so far was even close to guessing amounts etc.

That's normal around here, people love posting guesses. If you actually know please enlighten us.

Reply #847819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754