ritz
Years ago

Farley is he offically gone?

i have been reading all of the comments seen the news about him on tv, but will he play another game for the sixers??

Topic #10100 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would say he is packing his bags as we speak...begs the question does he have to return that blanket?

Reply #115574 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think you can rule him out yet - could still play out the season. Note that in the Channel 7 report last night, there was no official comment from the club and Smyth discussed an injury-ravaged season, but made no specific mention of Farley.

Reply #115582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what i have heard he will play out the rest of the season and then pack his bags.

Reply #115597 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Have to question what sort of effort he will put in if he plays again.

I found myself in the same situation in my workplace last year. Was on a contract and was told 4 weeks before the end it wouldnt be renewed (due to budgetary reasons)...you think I gave it 100% after that...not likely!

Reply #115600 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Well Yogee that just tells everyone a little bit about you then doesnt it ?

Reply #115602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the worst thing that could have happened. If the sixers staff actually did release a statement saying that willie is not wanted to the news without telling him they need a huge kick in the ass. this is terrible. isaac you are right in the fact that noone actually made an official statement from the 36ers and it was all news cuts. but where there is smoke there is fire, so is a absolute discrace how this has been handled. No player would want to stay the way this crap was handled. Willie should be back but stuff playing if its going to be like this. (get some class sixers management)

Reply #115606 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This is the news/media......they dont always work with 100% of the facts. Obviously you dont have the facts either #115606. It has been on the cards for a long time based on his dedication, off court issues, etc.

Reply #115609 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

115606, What have the club management done that's so awful?

When I mentioned to one of the staff by SMS last night, after the game had finished, that a Farley story had run on the news, they rang me immediately - seemed like it'd come as a bit of surprise to them.

Reply #115612 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yogee, how many pens, post-it note pads, coffee cups, reams of paper and mouse pads did you flog in the last 4 weeks????

I don't known Skyhook, IMO someone tells me I'm not required like &#$( I'm going to give them any effort. I'd rather take my rec leave and sickies. No one wants to work in a place they aren't wanted at.

Reply #115614 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

....and Channel 7 did preface their report with something along the lines of
"Channel 7 UNDERSTANDS......"
so this could mean they're making up their own slant on what is behind it all?
I mean it's not like they prefaced the report with
"We have it on good authority that...blah...blah...blah..."

Reply #115622 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

isnt that nice that they understand.......

Reply #115625 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oh, there are dramas and he won't be back next season so the news wasn't miles off track, but I don't think it's official that he won't play again.

Might come down to how much Smyth wants Wheeler in the team though?

Reply #115627 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

What's the chance on this all being wrong and Farley will return next season?

Reply #115639 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Pfffttt.

Phil needs a scapegoat after a season like this....Farley is the man.

Reply #115641 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

123 - I'd say zero. I think it will be a mutual decision from both club and player.

Reply #115643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isaac i only said if they did

Reply #115662 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You also said "get some class sixers management" and said that it had been poorly handled - by who? Channel 7 ran a story, Smyth provided a careful statement, nothing more.

How do you put that on management?

Reply #115663 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im curious, does anyone actually want to see Farley in a sixers uniform next season?

Reply #115668 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Farley is/was my screen saver, still love that dunk over heal.

thanks for the good years Willie, glad i didnt have to see this year, good luck.

Reply #115673 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

If the news report came as a surprise to the team why hasn't there been a statement from them since? I don't know what is hurting my ears more  the deafening silence from management or Smyth's comment on the news that was so vague it was basically referring to something completely different.

Crap like this you want handled in house. When it gets out you want to clean it up. The horrid mid-season press conference which talked about cleaning house at the end of the season and letting the Farley story leak is bush league.

Reply #115678 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm guessing, but they might be trying to work out what is going to happen - something like this might take a day or more of talks to ascertain the best direction to take for all concerned.

Reply #115693 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

TR - in the last 4 weeks none - I dont think my new employer Ive been with since October would appreciate it...plus were a green office so dont have note pads etc...its all email :)

Reply #115696 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I want to see him back.

Reply #115702 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Yeah, I guess the silence is because they are trying to work out what to do. Which I assume means they are trying to work out whether or not to cut him now or simply not retain him after the season. That would probably be why they can't provide a statement like "Farley's future with the club is undecided and will be looked at after the season along with other all players on expiring contracts."

The point really is the worth of cutting him now with six games left of this farce of a season. The only thing left undecided is whether or not the Sixers will sneak into the playoffs. A championship is not at stake here. I can't for the life of me understand why the team would want to encourage negativity towards them considering the position they are in with image, fan interest and the like. It would be better for the team to let Farley leave quietly at the end of the season and site friendlier reasons for letting him go.

If there was not truth in the story that he might be cut within the next few days you would think the team would come out and say so. They may not have invited the story to break, but it had to come from somewhere and I doubt it came from Farley. The team even gave fodder for the story. There was mention in that news story from unnamed officials that they question how hurt Farley really is. Now who among the Sixers family said that? That's not what you want on the news. If no one said it or was misquoted, then that is a serious problem and the team should make a statement. If it is true and the team is genuinely questioning it, why would you make it public?

It's a joke. Like I said before, this issue and the mid-season press conference are examples of horrible media communications.

Reply #115704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754