Alex
Years ago

Does Anyone Know How To Jump Higher?

Hey all,

I was wondering whether there're specific or 'secret' methods to train to get super hops. Something like Vince Carter and his 50" vertical. That's just sick - I'll be happy with just 35". =)

Does anyone follow any good or recommended training regime they'd like to share here?

-Alex-

Topic #10323 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

Get special basketball weights. That's one way of doing it but you have to stretch and especially work on your 'power jump'

Links: http://www.insidehoops.com/gym/jump-higher.shtml

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=VerticalJump

It takes along time and i doubt you can increase your jump any more then 6" after 8-10 weeks of heavy work.

Reply #118668 | Report this post

Chin Ian  
Years ago

(Mod: SPAM. Nice try starting a thread and then posting under another name to pimp your site. Tool.)

Reply #118669 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Owned !!! lol

Tool.

Reply #118689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the best way is too simply lose sum weight

Reply #118691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my kids use a spring less trampoline - they def jump higher than me

Reply #118693 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

That makes my post useless because no one learns from it!

Damn you alex or what ever name you are!

Reply #118736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your born with hops. full stop.

Reply #118758 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

i use a trampoline all the time to make me jump higher

Reply #118824 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

118758 I bet you are lazy and have never attempted any conditioning program for longer than two days before quitting. Why would anyone train if you are simply "born with it". There is ample research that shows improvements in various attributes including vertical from a variety of methods (yes there is a genetic component, but you CAN improve what you have, there are so few truly at their "genetic limit"). All you need to do is increase leg power, as it directly impacts on jump height. Easier said than done.

123abc your post is not useless, thankyou for putting it there, I have looked at them both, and there is some information in some of the articles in the second link I may use in a paper I am writing on improving vertical jump ability, as I am assessing various jump programs. Some of the exercises though need progressions taught, as it is a bodybuilding site; for example the Dr Squat articles' (the first one) first exercise is a power clean you would never start with that with a first time weightlifter, there is a progression to it (on a side note I would have thought they could find someone with better form for their pictures of this exercise, but they do say to get an experienced coach).

Some of the bionic plyometric stuff may be worth reading, some certainly not all. I think it is the first time I have ever read "strengthen the toe muscle" lol.

I will read the others later, just picked a couple out first. Anyway Thankyou 123abc your post is not wasted, I am sure others read it too, but chose not to post about it here.

Reply #118827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i can just see the trampoline being a pain to cart from back court to front court all the time...........

Reply #118858 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754