Panther
Years ago

ABL matches 2 put in diary!!

I'm getting a tad excited about the new season approaching and was a bit bored, so I thought I would put together a few games that every spectator should pencil in the diaries!
Round 1: North V West
It's obvious to everyone! The Garbage Man is back in town (hopefully he's sober enough after winning an NBL Championship!!)and it's sure to get spectators to Hillcrest. Let's hope that West have Blake Truslove playing and it will be a great game to start the season off!
Round 2: North V Southern
Just to see Bowley scare the living sh*t out of Nick 'was' SLAMboured once again!!!
Round 4: North V Forestville
Will be a good measuring stick for rookie coach Justin Schueller and his boys against regular finalist Forestville. Not only that will see Dusty V Oakley, two legitimate NBL players.
South V Woodville
Anyone enjoys watching Scanlon drop another 50 points on the Warriors!
Round 5: Centrals V Eastern
It will be interesting to see how the Blue Army welcome back Jye Watson to the Lions Den. My guess is if Jye plays, look for him to unleash his scoring ability on his former club! Say goodnight Ricky...
Sturt V Forestville
Grand Final rematch people's. Maybe different Sturt and Forestville line ups but always tends to be a good game.
Round 7: South V Southern
Purely for the rivalry that still exists between these two clubs. Although it's been almost 10 years since they last faced off in a grand final, they always produce intense games!
Norwood V Forestville:
After watching one of the best games of the season last year in the preliminary (and it wasn't all about the game! The fight in the crowd was great value too!!!)Norwood will be out to seek a bit of revenge on the Eagles.
Sturt V North
Not for the game, but for the performances of two young rookie coaches who have come through the Sturt ranks.
Round 8: Eastern V Southern
It's always fun as a player to return to your old home stadium against your old club and this will be no different for Joel "is he really" Goodenough. Other than that, there will be some very good match ups, if things fall into place. Lalic/Bowley V Bungey/Trebilcock, Gerlach/Ingles (maybe!!) V Watson/Hill (maybe)
Round 9:
West V Woodville
To round out the first half of the season, the genuine rivalry between these two Port Adelaide teams has been fierce. Should again provide some great maych ups if everyone plays as expected. Truslove V Rees, Mann V Wilson, then throw in the plays of Craddock, Phillips, Molitor, Evans and the freakishly athletic Paul Bell against Puddifoot, Mapunda and Birmingham should make for a good game, especially on the balcony near the Bar!

Topic #10575 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice one.

Im most looking forward to the North v Forestville match-up.

Reply #122058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im keen for any game North are involved in this year, the Kerstan Rychart combos should be great to watch!

Reply #122060 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

you should see about getting a coloum in the tiser i wanna go watch a game now thanks for the tips

Reply #122063 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Nice work Panther..

Reply #122073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Blue Army still exists? I thought that bandwagon had long since emptied!

Reply #122078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

trebilcock still playing?? don't think so

Reply #122092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther you will choke on the humble pie you will be eating.

Reply #122094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And also Shane Boal gone to Eastern. A Tiger no longer.

Reply #122096 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I see you're really trying to be "fair" in making sure you cover each team Panther! I dare say there are some games in there that will pale in comparison to others on the same night, but you've weighted the scales of justice quite nicely.

ONe you haven't include, however, which I anticipate more than any other is the North v Norwood matchup

Reply #122099 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

lockstock: North vs Norwood for the Dusty vs Cooper match up?

Reply #122137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

um, coops and dusty play very different positions, they won't be playing on eachother.

Reply #122176 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Kev - yep that's right. And I'd be very surprised if they didn't match up on each other

Reply #122510 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754