Anonymous
Years ago

Beep test

What should a female basketballer playing in u/18 be able to get in the beep test?

Topic #11148 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

13 - 15..

Reply #129968 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

how about giving break down under 14 upwards boys/ girls

Reply #129969 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Does anyone know where I can download the beep test in mp3 format?

Reply #129971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh thats a good point...where can we downlaod the test from as an mp3? the only 1s i can find are wav or wma.

Reply #129974 | Report this post

Gig  
Years ago

use something like CDex to convert it to MP3
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/download.html

Reply #129977 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Firstly there are a couple of different "beep tests" out there, so make sure you get the right one (any in Aus should* be the same, I think it was European had a slightly diff version from memory, could be wrong).

Any way I have some data from about 99 I think (ok a little old)...

Female given as average (range)
ACT avg 9+10 (8+2 - 11+5)
NSWIS U17s 9+9 (7+7 - 12+13)
SASI 10+7 (8+10 - 12+3)
WAIS and national 11+1 (8+2 - 14+1)

Male
ACT 13+7 (12+2 - 15+2)
SASI 13+4 (10+3 - 14+13)

then a combined DNSP group
SAC (2006)
under 14/16 Boys 8+2 (6+1 - 12+6)
although that group had 2 kids out of 8 get 6+1 and 6+2 real avg is normally around 8 (those two were injured)
Girls 14/16
7+0 (6+2 - 8+4)

I have a general Aus Guide that says VO2 max

Boys
12s poor<46 Avg47.9-51.5 Ex53.4+
14s poor<46.1 Avg49.8-53.4 Ex55.3+
16s poor<40 Avg44.9-49.7 Ex54.6+

Girls
12s poor<36.7 Avg40.8-44.8 Ex48.9+
14s poor<33.5 Avg37.6-41.6 Ex45.7+
16s poor<33.4 Avg37.1-40.7 Ex44.4+

(there is a fair in between poor and avg, and a good between avg and excellent, so if it falls in the "gap" that is what it is)

Now I will help you convert this to Beep test scores

Beep = VO2
5+2 = 30.2
6+2 = 33.6
7+2 = 37.1
8+2 = 40.5
9+2 = 43.9
10+2 = 47.4
11+2 = 50.8
12+2 = 54.3
13+2 = 57.6
14+2 = 61.1
(I have the full chart if you need it, but thought I'd give you a rough guide)

On a side not I would be careful about using this test as your only test for basketball, there are many tests I would consider more important than a beep test, yes this may be an easy test to run, and can give you some info. However there are many components of fitness used in basketball, this is only one of them. Good luck.

PS I would be using the institute data rather than the general, but thought you might like it. So 18 girls look around the 10+ mark, your best girls may get 13-15 as Kobe mentioned, but I would suggest you are very lucky to get a handful of girls in that range at this level.

Reply #129978 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

U18 girls should be aiming for 11 minimum and if they are your guards should be aiming for 12.
All NITCP and AIS testing is now done using the Yo Yo Test. This is similar to the beep but more basketball specific. Scores should be 5 levels above beep test scores.

Reply #129994 | Report this post

mumps  
Years ago

These tests are only as good as the observers and can give some extraordinary result by allowing early starters who beat the beep each time or half metre short of the beep finishers to continue for way to long.

Reply #130002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the yoyo test?? how is it different from the beep test.

Reply #130007 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

You dip your yoyo biscuit into the coffee with 11 sugars and out again. Repeat if not soggy enough.

You know you have overdone it when only half the yoyo comes out!

Reply #130034 | Report this post

rowdy  
Years ago

wouldnt mind knowing the record at SASI/State level?

i only know my age group and Todd Matthews was the best in my time.

think he did 15.4?

Reply #130472 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Once heard someone say that Joel Goodenough got 16 many years ago, but don't know the truth in it.

Reply #130481 | Report this post

Years ago

16 thts crazy....i got 13.8 the other day n thought tht was pretty good

Reply #130806 | Report this post

ariani  
Years ago

i got 14.9 the other day as i splay soccer for victoria i thought it was pretty hard actually so i duno if ill ever get 16??

Reply #133566 | Report this post

Jacinta  
Years ago

Hi
My 12 yr old son did the beep test at school the other day and got 13.1 is this good for a child that age? His nearest rival only got 9 something

Reply #134804 | Report this post

kylie  
Years ago

Does anyone know where i can get hold of a beep test cd?

Reply #135516 | Report this post

Years ago

download the beep test off the net. Once you've got it convert it to MP3 and then you should be able to burn it to CD... hope it works!!

Reply #135662 | Report this post

betterinthanout  
Years ago

Some beep tests are horny!

Reply #135691 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

i am 13 and got 12.7

Reply #136582 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

julia is hot as

Reply #136585 | Report this post

chris judd  
Years ago

i got 21.14

Reply #136586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe Andrew Webber got 15.8 at a sasi camp a few years back. THat was close to the record.

Reply #136603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

david beckham can finish the beep test...i believe he is one of the very few people that can finish the beep test... DONT PUSH YOURSELF TOO FAR!! you dont hav 2 b the best...just b the best that u can b!

Reply #136874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig Bradley used to finish it in the final years of his career

Reply #136876 | Report this post

Lynn  
Years ago

Whats the difference between the 15 & 20 metre beep test. I know its a stupid question but I got 12.5 on the 15 at 41 yrs of age what would the equivalent be on the 20?? Cheers

Reply #140401 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Hmm, interesting Lynn, I haven't seen a 15 m beep test before. How did you run the test? Did you just use the 20 m beep test tape but run over 15 m? How/where was this used.

If this is the case you could do a relatively simple conversion (if you have the right info), converting the speed you ran at, and convert to an equivalent 20 m score, it could give you an approximate estimate, which would be pretty close to your "true" beep test score. Obviously depending on your turning ability with a shortened distance, this could produce some error, however I believe marginal.

Basically you are finding your MAS (however with turns, as MAS is usually done on an oval) and converting to give your score. If you follow. Again this depends on if you ran the test the way I guess you ran it, but again I haven't seen anyone run it this way.

Hope that helps.

Reply #140416 | Report this post

chelsea  
Years ago

I am 13 and did the beep test for sasi... im in under 16 girls and got a score of 12.7 i was wondering what the average was?

Reply #140559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14.9 my ass and for all the others if your under 16 and you think you can get over 13 suck it up you cant. your probably doing 20 yards not metres which is smaller..

Reply #142272 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

ITA

Just cause you don't see 15 beep tests from bballers does not mean they are not done. Come to concordia when they do them for footy and see real 15 yo athletes do 16's - real footballers.

Bball is good grounding for them till under 16's. What is the name of the lad that went back to play for sturt 16's for the state champs and the classics but has given it away again to concentrate on his footy - he does 15+s they say. Didn't need SASI. Pity is he should have beeen in state team if best team was picked - thats old ground anyway, and boring !

Reply #142293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

igot 12.5 im 14

Reply #146682 | Report this post

blair  
Years ago

iam 14 110kg and i done the beep test up to s level of 14.3 the clostet to me was a 12.4 i think this is a good score

Reply #148333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea right a 110kg person getting 14.3

Reply #152425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

of 14 years old anyway

Reply #152426 | Report this post

R  
Years ago

I'm 14 years old and I got 10 on my first try

Reply #153386 | Report this post

anthony  
Years ago

umm what should a 13 year old get in the beep test???
and were could i download it from???
thanks

Reply #156168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just found this site http://orgs.jmu.edu/strength/MP3s/Beeptest_mp3_directions.htm is it the correct beep test to use?

Reply #156354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this kid called steve haines from MGS got 14.2 and he is 102 cm tall. he looked gone at level 7, but pushed through the pain. he is 11 years old. he is currently in the AIS for the 800m, and runs a pb of 1:55. he is the next big thing in Australian aths.

Reply #158084 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

You can find WMA and MP3 versions of the Beep test here:

http://www.army.gov.au/artc/fitness.html#initial

Reply #158315 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I dought people got the results they are claiming. Phoenix suns point guard steve nash got 14 this year and he is a elite athlete. Blair claimed he beat this. Judd got 15.1 back at the 2007 draft camp.

Here is a link of some sports persons scores.
http://www.topendsports.com/testing/beep-scores.htm

Reply #158570 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry mades some typos Judd got 15.1 in the 2001 draft camp and spelt doubt wrong.

Reply #158571 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

142293 read it again; I never questioned a 15 as that would estimate a relative VO2 max of about 65 ml/kg/min, good but hardly unrealistic. As Lynn mentioned a "15 meter beep test", I asked how this was run as haven't ever heard of it. So I don't know what you are talking about "real footballers" lol.

158570 the beep test gives an estimate of relative maximal oxygen uptake. These although very good scores are hardly unrealistic for the top end junior kids (although blair at 110 kg would be a fit 110 and at 14, I can agree that is very questionable, but not impossible). The fact Nash is an elite athlete is hardly relevant (looking at the sport he plays), as you look at the physiological demands of the sport, and it does not require an aerobic capacity above a threshold level (ie yes is important to an extent, but over and above you are wasting your time, as you need other attributes). So he would not be spending a lot of time on this when in a game he is going to take 997 ± 183 short movements with 105 ± 52 of these being high intensity with duration of about 1.7 seconds (McInnes, et. al, if you were wondering) (and I would suggest these would be more crucial points in the game for him). So I would suggest obtaining a VO2 max of an elite athlete is not difficult when you pick an athlete that probably doesn't spend a lot of time training it.

It is a bit like saying I have a higher vertical jump than a marathon runner, and then you saying that this is impossible because a marathon runner is an elite athlete. True they are elite athletes, but probably don't train for a big vertical hey. Now if I said I had a better beep test score than a marathon runner or a bigger vertical than a basketballer, well then I would be happy for you to call me out on this as BS.

Reply #160531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i got level 16.8 today which im quite happy with , for a basketball player your age a level 11 plus 5 shutttles would be fine

Reply #162419 | Report this post

molly  
Years ago

I really would like to download the beep test and ive tried ALLLLLLL the websites above but got no results, are there ANY other sites ANYONE knows of????
How do you get better at the beep test???

Reply #163508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am 12 years old and i got 10.0 on my first go, is that good or not? no one in the whole year got higher than that, there werefour people who got the same as that, is it good?

Reply #164388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you just play the tap and ur media player and just press burn "now playing"

Reply #169606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im 12 and i got 10.9. is that the average cause the guy closest to me was around 9.something. thks

Reply #171259 | Report this post

blair  
Years ago

when i was nine i got 12.7

Reply #172701 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

When I was 9 I got 15 - naw 10.9 is pretty lame

Reply #172710 | Report this post

Ken!  
Years ago

i got 9.7 but i weigh 120kg tho and im 14 thnks for replying if u do k

Reply #172925 | Report this post

Seano_090  
Years ago

Im 14 and i got 14.3 and my VO2 max is 68.9

Reply #173438 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

Everyone is getting wierd at our rugby league training if u dont get at least 15 i'm talkin any position except prop u need to work hard on fitness and we r only 15 year olds and everyone on our team usually gets at least over 16 everytime
and i always get 19 or 20

Reply #173841 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Then you have it set wrong bro.

Reply #173851 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Tom Rischbieth who was on Port Powers list (plays for Sturt in SANFL) holds the AFL draft camp record with 15.8 i think. So all you 12 yr old kids that think thats a correct score...your not doing it right.

Reply #173852 | Report this post

troy  
Years ago

the highest in australia is robert harvey who scored a 17.5 many years ago! sorry guys

Reply #173856 | Report this post

Seano_090  
Years ago

some people get confused with that and the yo - yo test

Reply #174528 | Report this post

Jaskiran  
Years ago

KK, I am 15 and my test score was 2.5
The highest score in my class was 13- adn shes a basketball/soccer player,so I dont know what you 12-13 year olds are talking about

Reply #175417 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

My son is a gifted athlete playing top level in Basketball and Football. He averages 13 and 14's, he stated to me that the cones are 20 metres apart not 20 feet.He also found it easier doing the Beep test for basketball as he can consistently judge his slide on courts compared with grass footy fields. I know Tom Risbeith he is a great athlete can find the ball,Fitness is important their are other facets just as important they are commitment, desire, durability, nutrition, luck and parent commitment to succeed.

Reply #175428 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

I did the Bleep Test at school and got too level 11 shuttle 1, my P.E teacher dose it by the book 20 metre's apart some people cheat and only mesure out 15 metre's or something.

Reply #179082 | Report this post

Fitness coach  
Years ago

High 13's low 14's are what elite 15 year old athetes achieve. We test using the AFL program and even Tom as mentioned above achieved only slightly higher. What people must realize is that the kids when tested have already done a 3km run in around 11 and a half minutes. It is one thing to do a beep test but to do one after a run is another step up and that preceding agility and jump testing. We watch these bball kids closely as a lot will end up playing footy and the best one so far wins the beep at both codes achieving high end 13's and then backs up with high 2's for 20 metre sprint straight after. It is cyclic and the funny thing is even after all this testing one glaring thing stands out. It does not matter how fit they are if They don't have ball sense or can't get the ball it is irrelevent. Our data shows that kids that perform to a high level at multiple sports are more likely to reach elite level at one of them, hence our encouragement for them to play other sport.

Reply #179084 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Fitness Coach - your words of wisdom are lost on many - they believe it is all about the fast and agile in this game. Some kids that are playing elite at younger ages are there mainly based on the speed in which they can get up and down a court and I see these kids shoot and they cant shoot an outside shot for peanuts. Cant take a left handed layup in a game,and shoot the ball with the opposition on their favoured side instead of changing and shooting with the opposite hand. A lot also can't grasp the concept of some of the plays. So until Coaches look at kids that can shoot the outside shot, take left handed layups, can grasp the plays, know how to change hands to shoot when the opposition is on the shooting side, all the input put into these so called elite athletes is time and money wasted, because they will drop out at U18 and go and play the other code.

The irony is that the time and effort should have been spent on the kid with the Basketball brain, who does get the plays, who can shoot the outside shot, take left and right handed layups and rise to the occasion when under pressure. It would be far easier and make more sense to give these type of kids more fitness training than give it to a kid with no basketball brain, who will drop out because the coach is yelling at him/her all the time.

Reply #179094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got 13.6 truth as a 15 year old... the next highest guy was 13.2

All the lil kids thinking they got 14,15 whatever thats BS, no 13 yr old or under has ever gotten to 15 or higher, its a fact...

Reply #179106 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Fitness coach, you might like to think about why you run the beep test. I would question why you ran it after a 3 km run, it is not a "step up" all you are doing is collecting data which you now cannot use to re-test the same kids unless you are always going to run a 3 km run before it. Depending on what you mean by "after" (I assume you mean same day not straight after) your athletes will be in some sort of fatigued state (which is then hard to replicate the same level of fatigue every time), and it is likely you will underestimate maximal oxygen uptake. The beep test is a test, and one of many tools used for collecting data to be used to asses athletic ability. Thus it should not be performed in a fatigued state if you intend to use the data.

Also I think most "fitness coaches" would question the order of testing putting any sort of agility and jump testing after a beep test. I certainly wouln't as you will be underestimating their ability in these other areas making your athletes look poor, and again introducing error into these tests. I would be interested to see your TEM for these jump/agility tests or some repeat data, I am guessing you would have larger errors than if done fresh each time, as again they will be at a different stage of fatigue each time depending on how hard they pushed the beep (if they truely went to max or dropped out when it was hard or they got to desired level) and how long after the beep they are tested.

Reply #179110 | Report this post

Fitness coach  
Years ago

ITA

We do them monthly. The 3k run is done at the start of training when the boys are "fresh". The beep test i the last activity of the training. In between the boys do agility and jump testing as per the AFL draft camps. fatigue does not come into the equation as the athletes are at a certain level. I am talking about 15-16 YO boys that have done or been involved in solid pre season programs at SANFL league clubs. I know of 3-4 boys playing U/16 bball that have done solid preseason at footy and they are leaps and bounds ahead of any bball only kid - that is not a criticism only an observation.

It is a very interesting topic - yet again I agree with anon above that we should be spending more time on the kids with the "sports brains" turning them into athletes as this makes more sense. Footy has reverted back from trying to make athletes footballers as you cannot make them smarter.

Reply #179113 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Fitness coach, sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on hoops for a while.

Regardless of what level your athletes are, the human body essentially works the same. While they may be able to complete the tests after a 3 km run for time, I would argue they would get better scores if done before. Now I won't go into the physiology, but if you look at the recovery time for a max effort of 11-12 minutes (the time your runs are completed in), and the effects this may have, I would assume you would be getting lesser scores in your agility and jump testing after such a run. I had read your initial post as they did it after the beep as well, which I would definitely expect to make a difference to those tests regardless of what type of athlete they are (hate to be the one to tell you, but yes fatigue is an issue even in your athletes). Why are you running both a beep test and a 3 km run anyway? What new information are you hoping to get from each test that the other won't give? I'm curious.

I am interested in what you mean by "leaps and bounds ahead" as the two sports are inherently different, and the physiological demands are different (and even position dependant in both sports I think you will find). It frustrates me when I see people make such comments, when there is no data given and is just an assumption that could be interpreted in any way. For example, you could say they have a significantly higher beep test score (p<0.01) etc (now I just made that up as an example, don't quote that). You could compare other attributes from other tests in the same way, but "leaps and bounds" gives no meaningful information. Although, not a criticism only an observation ;) that is generally all you will get out of most footy coaches.

Reply #179786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aim for the maximum, forget about averages or you will always be average.

Aim for the max and become the best, think this way in life and you can achieve anything.

Im 23 in the marines but can get 16.3 .....Still a long way off but im working at it.

Its down to you how good you become, victory comes to those who sacrifice to achieve it ;-).
Push yourself physically and mentally and you will be surprised at what you can do!

Reply #180972 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Aim for the maximum, forget about averages or you will always be average.

Aim for the max and become the best, think this way in life and you can achieve anything.

Im 23 in the marines but can get 16.3 .....Still a long way off but im working at it.

Its down to you how good you become, victory comes to those who sacrifice to achieve it ;-).
Push yourself physically and mentally and you will be surprised at what you can do!

Reply #180973 | Report this post

Georgia  
Years ago

Where can i get the beep test!

Reply #181070 | Report this post

isabela  
Years ago

i'm 12 and got 12.3

Reply #181071 | Report this post

kazzz12345  
Years ago

hey the beep thes is sooo cool im 12 years old and i got up to 12.7 its sooo fun for anyone that hasnt done it before give it a go rock on man

Reply #181940 | Report this post

Dylan  
Years ago

Hey im just wondering what should 11-12 year olds be scoring on the beep test????? Thanx if u reply

Reply #184627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am 15 and i got 4.2! Is this a problem?

Reply #184936 | Report this post

ashleigh  
Years ago

hey dylan!! did you used to go to birminham primary school??

Reply #184937 | Report this post

Oli  
Years ago

yeh im oli i got 13.2 and i've just tuned 14 this was for an elite afl training group and is the one hey did at the draft camp is this good??

Reply #192371 | Report this post

Years ago

You can download it at
http://www.defence.gov.au/army/hq8bde/jobs/fitness.htm

However, this is the Ozzy one, and for adults, so I dont know about the kids/teens version.

Reply #194638 | Report this post

whitenerdychik1  
Years ago

i got 2.6 today and im 13. lol, i am soo unfit, and i also play netball. i really need to work out more!

Reply #198067 | Report this post

mb  
Years ago

I'm 14 , and did the aussie 15 meter bleep test, got 18+11. i dont no the diff so is this good?

Reply #207741 | Report this post

WR  
Years ago

Hey, I am 12 and I did 14.12 is that fine enough or should i pace my self more of something

Reply #210547 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

WR, if that's true you could go to the AFL Draft Camp next year and beat everyone there. doubt it is though.

I'm 10.1 lol.

Reply #210554 | Report this post

emma  
Years ago

im only 14 in yr 10 nd im doing gcse p.e the highest score for the girls was level 9 the highest for the boys was level 12

Reply #214435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shane crawfoard (hawthorn FC) beat the beep test

Reply #214876 | Report this post

Kevin  
Years ago

its weird at our school average for 15 yr old is like 8 or 9... i stopped on 6.9 on purpose

Reply #221156 | Report this post

tennis mum  
Years ago

To mike the Marine,
just read your comments and i love your words, all you kids out there you should print this out and be inspired because talent is one thing but commitment and work ethic is the key. My son is very fit and 13yo his average is in the 11s. He does a beep test every three months. NO CHEATING. The average school kid would do around the 8 to 9s.

Reply #224770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im 13 years old did the beap test in tenerife and i got the 2nd highest in the seaniors i play for a footie team el medano i got----14.3

Reply #229923 | Report this post

BILL  
Years ago

I Got 8.2 and am 15 lol

Reply #230235 | Report this post

Kermit^  
Years ago

Hey... Sorry to reignite an old thread. Does anyone have a copy of the Yo-Yo test?

Reply #230396 | Report this post

bill  
Years ago

i done beeo test at school today half a basketball court so 20m i got 14.4 teacher reckons im in top 10% in WA but i dnt do any training im naturally fit for a 15 yr old i only weight 55kg though

Reply #237089 | Report this post

what the???  
Years ago

1/2 a basketball court is only 14 Metres.

Needs to be fron the baseline to the opposite 3 point line.

Reply #237102 | Report this post

brown penis  
Years ago

dude the FIBA beep test is where its at. 86 lap pass mark

Reply #237705 | Report this post

SALLY  
Years ago

what is a good beep level for a boy in year 3.eight years old?

Reply #242908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the 15 metre UK Police test can be downloaded here http://www.acpos.police.uk/Policies_FitnessStnd.htmln

Reply #243285 | Report this post

Sean  
Years ago

I got 15.1 when i was 12 for school, but haven't taken the test in a while but i bet i could get about 17 right about now, cuz ive been training pretty hard for hockey

Reply #246622 | Report this post

furgot  
Years ago

im 13 and got 14.8,best in the city beat that 13 year olds

Reply #254629 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

you all have to chill,
you werent there when they did the test so you cant say its not true.
a 14 year old boy at my school got 13.1 and the record at our school was by a 18 y.o guy who got 17 and they werent cheating
and im not sayiong this beacuse im good..i only got 7 so...

Reply #274452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waht is the current record for
AIS basketball Beep Test?

Reply #276179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is the average for a 14 year old girl ?

Reply #295019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand that a lot of the kid beep tests are over the correct distance - it is shorter sometimes so take things with a grain of salt

Reply #295025 | Report this post

ssssssssssssssss  
Years ago

I got 21 and then had a heart attack and died. LOL,u know I am lying.

Reply #295258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ALL U GUYS LIE ABOUT THE TEST. I GOT 3 and they were 40 m apart, (THis is a lie). My best in the real one is 10.1 and am 12. (this is true)

Reply #295259 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I got 14.2 at 15 yrs ald

Reply #295261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16 years old, 12.1, 20m.

Reply #326186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im 16 im a boxer i did my bleep test today and got 15.9 thats my highest so far gonna try and beat it

Reply #326618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got 59

Reply #351004 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Im 14 and yesterday I got 14.1. Is that good? I was also wondering what the average for a 14 year old is?

Reply #351135 | Report this post

edwardlo  
Years ago

umm year O.o I got 8.1 and I am 11..... that really sucks.... well at school I got the highest all the girls got less that 6 so YAY.. I guess

Reply #351421 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

The Beep test is not neccessarily the only or the best test of cardio vascular fitness for Basketballers - The Yo Yo test is much better suited and used by SASI.
So the Beep test will probably be used less and less in the future.

Reply #351435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the 20 metres and 20 feet. Maybe someone needs to learn to read even before thinking of running the yo-yo test. The beep test is generally no longer used in basketball as previously mentioned.

Reply #351448 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Perhaps BSA, SACB and JDO's could get this info out to their coaches via coaches development and courses so they utilise the yo yo test and stop using outdated and unsuitable tests such as the beep test for a more relevant and reliable test for basketball such as the Yo Yo test. The Beep test is stil being
used at state trials by some state basketball coaches.

Reply #351543 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754