Frank Drebin
Years ago

Truslove back for West

Big word is that Blake Truslove will be back for West for the ABA season. Whilst he is playing in NZ at the moment, he wants to come back for our winter and it will be welcome news for the Bearcats....

Topic #1160 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

they will need more then him i think to even have any chance of contending.

Reply #12974 | Report this post

Crocodile Rock  
Years ago

I dont know about that cheezburger, West only lacked a genuine big man last season. Truslove will be a huge bonus, West only lost 10 or so games by less than 8 pts last season, i think a centre might have turned those results around. If Nash is fit and is allowed to play then West will be a real threat

Reply #12982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but he has a full-time job over there - is he going to give that up to come back and play for West?

Reply #13011 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

No one can stop the Electric Boog-a-loo.

(That's the drop step to the baseline)

Has anyone noticed the pounds Blakeo has put on? He will dominate even more if he comes back. He will eat Eric Bradley for brunch!

Reply #13016 | Report this post

Long way to eat  
Years ago

The states is a long way to travel for Brunch. But yes he did look much bigger on the TV last night didnt he. Will def give West the inside presence / leadership so sorely missed last season.

Cant see Nash playing also though - salary cap / injuries?

Reply #13044 | Report this post

Jomo  
Years ago

hey doc still trying to find a big man to dominate the big easy, it won't happen soon. Just being big isn't the answer.just ask the big man for Dandelong !!Also I heard he gave Cooper and Rees a run for their money while working out for the sixers.

Reply #13048 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

True. But Blake is a proven performer in ABL. Just ask Woodville about his crunch time threes!

His game has gone to another level, and battling with Melmeth evry day at training can only be a good thing.

If you watch a Breakers game, Blake actually plays his role really well. He defends well, rebounds well and gets good position offensively, even though they never pass him the ball.

With Blake in the team, watch out for Danny Phillips hitting open threes all year. (if he stays at West)

Adam Pearce to rack up 10 assists a game, at best assist/turnover ratio in the league, Jamie Granger to have a good year slashing to the hoop and knocking down the foul line J aaaaalllllllll day, and Paul Bell to do nothing, now that he is no longer the post up go-to guy.

Reply #13060 | Report this post

Whatever Punks  
Years ago

Your right! Blake plays his role perfectly. He cant score without taking 10 dribbles in the post though so I dont know how Pearce will get 10 assists per game. Not knocking Blake cause I think he is the best big guy in abl by far if not best player in abl. As long as Bell thinks he is wests "Go to man", Cioffi playing overseas, Younie refusing to play for Hunnerup and Ben Evans thinking he has range outside of 3 feet West will never win.

Reply #13074 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Ooooooo.... some harsh words. But some true. My point with Pearce is that with Blake on the floor, other options will open up. (Granger etc)

Bell HAD to be the go to man last season, and most would say he did an OK job. He took way too many shots, but who else was going to?

Evans can hit open threes, but he looks better going to the rack.

Younie will never play ABA again after the debacle last season. Truth is it wouldn't matter who was coaching. West don't want him. He's even out of favour in Div 3!! Is bringing the same attitude to a team that has won without him, and he has only played a handful of good games in a season anyway. He still thinks he carried the team to the championship. What a joke.

Back to ABA. Cioffi was a big loss. His game is at a new level. Why? He learned how to play D in Europe. Nice one Cioff.

Props to my boy Finch. Best on-ball defender PG in the league. Biggest man boobs too.

Reply #13122 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:56 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754