basman
Years ago

Funny ABL Round 18

what a big couple of nights we are set for this weekend.

first up, on the friday night, we have north visiting west at 8.30. north should be too classy for the bearcats who look to be lacking any sort of depth. north needing this win to cement a home qualifying final.

also on friday night, sturt fly to mars to take on the firing flames. should be a great match up. if norwood win, they are a shot at making the finals (pending on sat's results) and if they make the finals, will meet sturt again as they will be relegated to 4th. if sturt win they find themselves with a crucial double chance and also erase the rampaging norwood from the playoff picture. i think norwood on a roll will frustrate the sabres, and will beat them in yet another close game for the flames. if you're keen to see some fights, suggest you get along to the game.

on saturday night, eastern will beat centrals.....

at wayville, forestville take on the league-leading warriors in a pre-elimination final for the eagles. if forestville lose, and either the flames or the tigers win, put simply, the eagles are out. the only incentive for woodville to win this game is that by winning, they can kick out a major championship threat in forestville, and welcome the tigers back to the finals circle, after a few years in the wilderness. and i am sure after the warriors demolition of southern on the weekend, they will be keen for the tigers to snare 5th spot. i think woodville will have too much talent for this eagles team, especially with bradley and whitmore firing.

in the local derby down at the cage, southern are playing south to keep their championship hopes alive, and i think that their desperation for finals participation should overcome the panthers, although the games are always close between these 2 teams, and south will not want to make it any easier for the tigers to play finals basketball.

according to my tips, here are the final placings for the end of the minor round,
1. woodville
2. north
3. eastern
4. sturt
5. southern
6. norwood
7. forestville
8. south
9. west
10. centrals

north to meet eastern at hillcrest and sturt to play southern at pasadena next saturday night. cant wait.

catfight #2. bring it on.

Topic #130 | Report this topic

basman  
Years ago

sorry didnt write about the womens games, don't know enough about the comp to pretend to be an expert.

anyways, get to a game this weekend, if not 2, (friday and saturday) and get the players and fellow spectators pumped up for the awesome finals series that lies ahead.

Reply #988 | Report this post

Michael Sweeney  
Years ago

Big night at Wayvile this week if you would like one of ten free family passes to be given away contact the Eagles Club Office on 8231 7908 or my mobile 041 048 6693

Reply #998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754