Isaac
Years ago

Dench rolls ankle, will miss Singapore trip

The Adelaide 36ers, already reeling from a calf injury to captain Brett Maher, have been further rocked by the news that centre Axel Dench will miss the team's trip to Singapore to face the Slingers on the weekend.

Dench rolled his right ankle on Thursday during the last few minutes of team training and will not travel to Singapore for the team's important game on Sunday.

Topic #13459 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I smell a rat!

Reply #157014 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Oh no!!!

Without Dench, who will command respect in the paint, hustle and play defense???????

Reply #157015 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Shane Heal?

Sorry, I though Dicko asked who would ask that without ever having shown an inclination to try any of the 3 himself

Reply #157016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When Dench steps on the floor we become worse.

Reply #157020 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

How can you smell a rat???? It's an away game in Singapore, not a home game at the Dome...

Reply #157021 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hopefully will have minimal impact on the team - Dench only played three minutes against New Zealand and the Slingers have Knight at PF and then two younger guys in Janev and Cameron. A chance for the GOAT perhaps?

Reply #157022 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Dodman played well against Brisbane here in that trial game, and hasn't played since.

Reply #157025 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

would be good to see both Dodman and Burdon given 10 mins in this game, with maher out for 6 weeks, i cant see us being able to bring our win/loss record to 50% so we may aswell blood some youngsters and see what they have got.

Reply #157028 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Get on the GOAT

Reply #157029 | Report this post

are you kidding  
Years ago

good!

Reply #157031 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Isaac, that is exactly what he has given whilst playing..

A minimal impact on the team!

Reply #157032 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

If they are looking for someone to play three minutes, miss a three point attempt, and look disinterested I'm available. And hell, I've never been to Singapore!

Reply #157044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smyth will be glad about that - will make rotations easier for him

Reply #157049 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Reply #157050 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Whoops - posted that one a bit too soon....

the rotation issue is quite valid IMO. Sometimes a team can play better when its core group (say 8 players) get the vast majority of the minutes rather than trying to share the minutes betwen 9 or 10 players all of whom think they are deserving of them. Having Dench out (or playing 3 minutes like last week) could give the other bigs more confidence and see them be more productive and also help with the on court chemistry that seems to be so lacking this season.

If the rotations are an issue maybe some hard decisions need to be made (much easier with Brett out) and come up with a group of 7 or 8 who play the whole game - and the others whos minutes are reduced will just have to live with it.

Reply #157051 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Davidson-
-Sutton
Ng-
-Copeland
Chappell-

Ballinger-
-Cooper
Mottram-

Not Confident

Reply #157054 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sorry that lineup made sense when i wrote it but it got screwed up when i posted coz of the spaces.

Reply #157055 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Just raising expectations of Loss to cover Phil's 701st game.

Anyway not a big loss as 36ers play better with out him

Reply #157064 | Report this post

PEDRO  
Years ago

We will miss his 2 minutes of court time badly

Reply #157068 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Return Fire!!!! No wait ....that was that other apparition thingy that promised so much but in the end didn't last.

Reply #157071 | Report this post

Roseboy  
Years ago

Just so I get this straight, we're now getting stuck into the guy who was only given 3 mins?

If I were Dench, I'd be jealous of the mop-boys, they're on the court way more.

Reply #157084 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Boti's article about Dench wanting to earn more court time was interesting today. Dench sounded very confident of being able to contribute. Problem is, he will need to start contributing in a big way, because this team is carrying way too many players.

Reply #157094 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"because this team is carrying way too many players."

And a coach.

Reply #157114 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Interesting Quote Though = "(with Adelaide), now I'm in an offence that doesn't have a set conclusion"

So we have no offensive plan, our defence rotaion is a joke, so what the hell is Phil coaching our players - by the sounds of things players just play what they want when they hit the pine.

Reply #157138 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

From picking through this site's knowledge base, I get the impression that the 36ers should be better off without Ax. Indeed, I sense that Phil's coppe a whole lot of flak for signing him in the first place.
So if we win, do we sack Ax? If we lose, do we sack Phil? FFS, you want them both sacked, state your case. NOW.
Oh dear, then there's Shap that'll be suiting up for the game. Remember, he's the guy that wasn't injured when signed, but did his back in on-route to Australia. If you didn't know that, take an ejaculatory draw-back through your nose.
Motts'll play, despite coming late into the program, due to Newdles being pressured (by Houston) into playing Euro league.
In Motts' case, it was PAPER-work (Euro clearance) that stopped him from being a part of our team earlier on.
In summary, if we lose, it reasonably shouldn't be considered Ax's fault.
As an easy-out for you guys, I'll let it be known right now,that Dodds didn't make the flight.
There you go, we're all but guaranteed a loss, & you're all off the hook.
What a guy, am I?

Reply #157148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

drugs?

Reply #157157 | Report this post

spicey  
Years ago

and lots of them I think...

Reply #157165 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Yeh, sorry about that guys, it was a mix of sh1t on liver, & beer. Trouble is, I'm keyboard-skill deficient, & it takes me a looooooooooooong time to post. ;)
My intentions were good, but on revisiting my post, I do agree, it did get off track, along the way.
Thing is, I'm positive about this group, I see their practice sessions & it's been coming together for some time. Trouble is, it hasn't shown on the floor, game night.
Big game this arvo.

Reply #157325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754