olskoolgamer
Years ago

Lakers And Pistons Agreed To Kobe Trade

According to radio station 1270 AM in Detroit, the Lakers and Pistons came to an agreement to trade Bryant to the Pistons.

However, Bryant used his no-trade clause to veto the trade.

Would have been done Tuesday night if it went ahead. For reference:

http://cbs2.com/sports/local_story_318215353.html

Topic #13539 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes i had heard speculation about this trade about 3 weeks back at the start of the season.

Reply #158111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Detroit would have sent Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton, Amir Johnson and a first round pick to the Lakers.

Do you think this would have benefited the Pistons? i know kobe is great but Hamilton and Prince combined are both great defenders and can fill it up efficiently and effectively.

If that trade went down Pistons starting 5 would have been Billups, Bryant, Jarvis Hayes, Mcdyess/Maxiell, Wallace.

a very good opening 5 if you ask me, what are other people's opinions on this?.

Reply #158112 | Report this post

The Goorj  
Years ago

Who would come off the Bench no one

Reply #158154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh ronald murray off the bench Rodney Stuckey, affalo, even hunter, mcdysse or maxiell off the bench, one will start of course. But yeh they will have a weakness at the 3 spot so better it didnt happen and they kept my homeboy PRINCE

Reply #158155 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

For mine, you gotta pull the trigger. Pistons haven't gotten any better, and no one is getting younger. You have to make a couple of last runs at the championship. The only drawback would be they wouldn't be that deep. But great first 6.

You would then have two awesome clutch players in Wallace and Kobe. They could take out the conference at least with those guys.

Reply #158161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed, you gotta take your chances, especially with the pistons who arent exactly the youngest team in the league, would have been worth it but Kobe pulled out, daammmmmmmmmmmm u kobe~!

Reply #158193 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754